SRX

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Status of: PR793057 ?

Posted 06-13-2013 04:04

Hi.

One for Juniper to respond if you can please.

I am trying to find out the staus of the PR mentioned in the subject.

Trying to use the web-tool for searching PR's I keep having the page time-out with a 'reset' error in the browser (I've tried from multiple locations being the good network engineer ...).

https://prsearch.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=prsearch

I opened a case summer last year (2012-0725-0374) the outcome of which was that the PR mentioned here was the cause.

I have been looking out in every Junos release since then for this being fixed but have not spotted it so far.

Can Juniper post and update here please ?

Many thanks.

Simon.

• 2.  RE: Status of: PR793057 ?
    Best Answer

Posted 06-13-2013 04:28

Hello,

I just tried accessing Prsearch from internet and it works for me albeit with some delay.

I am using latest Chrome version.

Please clear Your browser cookies and browser temporary files and try again.

In the meantime, here is the PR page from PRsearch

pr793057.JPG

HTH

Thanks

Alex

• 3.  RE: Status of: PR793057 ?

Posted 06-13-2013 05:22

Many thanks Alex, I suspected maybe some Browser issue with the PR search page ... like you it took and age, but then in my case just reset (Firefox / latest).

I must have missed this in release notes ... I thought I had looked quite carefully, time to get new glasses!

I reported this at Junos v12.1R1. Looking at the PR close I didn't realize they go back and put fixes in older major version releases (i.e.. its fixed in 11.4R6).

That must be quite a drag for juniper to update different release versions ... well done Juniper!

Many thanks, ill have to get my SRX1400's Junos up from their current 12.1R3.5 to take advantage of this being resolved.

Simon.

• 4.  RE: Status of: PR793057 ?

Posted 06-13-2013 05:37

Update:

I dont need new glassed (phew).

I did not miss this when scanning 'resolved issues' at each new release.

I have been checking v12.x Rx versions since I am on v12.

The V12.1 release notes page makes no mention of fixing the PR in question under the R4 resolved issues.

Taking a look in v11.4 release notes under it's R6 resolved issues I see what I had been looking for:

Flow & Processing:

"On all high-end SRX Series devices, when the ingress and egress interfaces were located (or active, in case of reth interfaces) on different nodes of a chassis cluster, filter-based forwarding (FBF) did not work correctly. [PR793057: This issue has been resolved.]"

It would seem that someone forgot to put this in the v12.1 R4 release notes update (Might want to update this Juniper).

Case closed.