SRX

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  The temperature of chassis cluster 1400 is too high,and node 1 is lost .fan status is normal . what can be the cause

Posted 08-24-2015 09:50

i think maybe fan problem so i want to change the fan . what is the step . can i change it directly . does it support hot plug ? here is some output

Aug 21 15:11:09  GM-LMA-INTFW01 chassisd[1197]: CHASSISD_SNMP_TRAP6: SNMP trap generated: Over Temperature! (jnxContentsContainerIndex 7, jnxContentsL1Index 4, jnxContentsL2Index 0, jnxContentsL3Index 0, jnxContentsDescr node0 FPC: BUILTIN NPC @ 3/*/*, jnxOperatingState/Temp 89)
    Aug 21 15:11:24  GM-LMA-INTFW01 chassisd[1197]: CHASSISD_SNMP_TRAP6: SNMP trap generated: Over Temperature! (jnxContentsContainerIndex 12, jnxContentsL1Index 1, jnxContentsL2Index 0, jnxContentsL3Index 0, jnxContentsDescr node0 CB 0, jnxOperatingState/Temp 56)

CCTadmin@GM-LMA-INTFW01> show chassis cluster status 
    Cluster ID: 1 
    Node                  Priority          Status    Preempt  Manual failover

Redundancy group: 0 , Failover count: 1
        node0                   200         primary        no       no  
        node1                   0           lost           n/a      n/a 

Redundancy group: 1 , Failover count: 1
        node0                   200         primary        no       no  
        node1                   0           lost           n/a      n/a 

• 2.  RE: The temperature of chassis cluster 1400 is too high,and node 1 is lost .fan status is normal . what can be the cause
    Best Answer

Posted 08-24-2015 12:41

Hi,

The short answer is yes to both of your questions. See this link for confirmation;

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/concept/cooling-system-srx1400.html

For a step by step guide; 

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/task/operational/fan-tray-srx1400-replacing.html

You will need to look into why node1 is lost.

Tim

• 3.  RE: The temperature of chassis cluster 1400 is too high,and node 1 is lost .fan status is normal . what can be the cause

Posted 08-25-2015 01:08

thank you for you answer , do you have any command to detect why nodel 1 is lost .

• 4.  RE: The temperature of chassis cluster 1400 is too high,and node 1 is lost .fan status is normal . what can be the cause

Posted 08-25-2015 01:27

Hi,

See this troubleshooting link;

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB20672

Basically when a node is lost the chassis is totally unresponsive.

- No power

- Control link down

- RE not initialised

Just a few examples of what might be the cause.

Tim

• 5.  RE: The temperature of chassis cluster 1400 is too high,and node 1 is lost .fan status is normal . what can be the cause

Posted 08-25-2015 11:29

thank you for your answer , it help me a lot