SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Time based website restriction on SRX 210

Posted 09-20-2010 00:11

Dears,

Can SRX 210 with WF subscription can restrict some sites based on specific time of day.

also can SRX restrict download sizes above a specific size.

How can this be done , or point me to any good Documentation for UTM features for SRX.

Aji

• 2.  RE: Time based website restriction on SRX 210

Posted 09-20-2010 07:20

You could use a simple scheduler on policy and in your permit statement reference the UTM WF policy.  This would require UTM subscribption, not sure on filesize off the top of my head though.

• 3.  RE: Time based website restriction on SRX 210

Posted 09-20-2010 23:34

Can you make it more elaborate how to make this work. any document which you can point me to ?

• 4.  RE: Time based website restriction on SRX 210
    Best Answer

Posted 09-21-2010 07:17

It is a two part process - you define schedules and then apply that schedule to a policy. To define a schedule you use the following command:

set schedulers scheduler name dayOfWeek start-time stop-time

So for example if you want a schedule to be active every day from 8 to 5 you would do:

set schedulers schedule allow-web daily start-time 08:00 stop-time 17:00

You then create your policy and apply the scheduler to that policy. The policy is then "active" during the scheduled time period.

set security policies from-zone trust to zone untrust policy  allow-web-out match source-..........

set security policies from-zone trust to zone untrust policy  allow-web-out match destination-.....

set security policies from-zone trust to zone untrust policy  allow-web-out match application ..........

set security policies from-zone trust to zone untrust policy  allow-web-out then permit

set security policies from-zone trust to zone untrust policy  allow-web-out scheduler name allow-web