SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Vlan mapping

Posted 08-31-2016 08:13

Hello; I have a very simple question related to switching mode of a SRX. I have two interfaces of a SRX220h configured as trunks dot1q. I need to take 2 vlans of one of this trunks and change the tag, to other 2 tags that are setted in the other trunk.

DEVICEA|TRUNK-> vlan1100 -> TRUNKA|ge-0/0/0 | SRX | ge0/0/1|TRUNK -> vlan 11 -> TRUNK|DEVICEB

DEVICEA|TRUNK-> vlan2100-> TRUNK|ge-0/0/0 | SRX | ge0/0/1|TRUNK -> vlan 21 ->  TRUNK|DEVICEB

The problem to solve is: the device connected to ge-0/0/0, will send to SRX frames tagged with id 1100, but the device conected to ge-0/0/1 can not manage ids greater than 1000, so i need to make a conversión, mapping each vlan with id greater than 1000 to one vlan that the DEVICEB could manage. Maybe it's possible to implement a better solution.

I have read some documentaciónin in Juniper KB but all that i found refers to more complex operations, like VPLS, QinQ Tunneling, etc, that i am not using. I dont know if its possible to do with a SRX.

Thank You.

Marcelo.

• 2.  RE: Vlan mapping
    Best Answer

Posted 08-31-2016 09:01

Hi, 

Would that be  possible with vlan-rewrite:

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB23737&smlogin=true&actp=search

Cheers,

Ashvin

• 3.  RE: Vlan mapping

Posted 08-31-2016 10:47

Hello Ashvino,

I had saw this solution but when i tried, got an error. I found how to fix the error so i'm  trying again. The problem was that the device was working in route mode, so i had to change to bridge mode. I will tell you if works, many thanks.

• 4.  RE: Vlan mapping

Posted 09-01-2016 10:15

Hello Ashvin,

It finally works using the device in bridge mode, i could make the translation of tags.  

The only problem is that maybe i will need in the same device to configure some ports in route mode, or in switching mode so i could not do it. However, the problem was solved, many thanks.

Regards,

Marcelo.