SRX Services Gateway
Contributor
christiannh
Accepted Solution

[?]Weird CPU load on SRX100

weird CPU Load

Hi everyone,

I was testing SRX100 for OSPF, VPN and JFlow. BEFORE OSPF CONNECTED this dashboard shows something weird for CPU(control).

I am using Junos 10.4R3.4

before using this OS version I uploaded 10.4R5.5 which shows 100%[red] CPU(control). then i decided to downgrade to previous release. now it stays in 69%-73% for CPU(control) and 80%-95% for Memory (control)

Is this normal for SRX100?

What is the different beetween memory (control) and memory (data)? why the load of memory process is very high?

Thanks anyway.

Christian Nathaniel Hartono
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JNCIA-JUNOS | JNCIS-FWV | JNCIS-ENT

-Please mark "accept solution" if my post helps you-
Trusted Expert
SSHSSH

Re: [?]Weird CPU load on SRX100

Hi Christiannh,

The CPU display on GUI is not accurate with SRX series

to correctly check the CPU use the command:

> show chassis routing-engine

**************  Click on the button saying " Accept  as Solution"  if  My Post solved your problem  **************

Super Contributor
cryptochrome

and to answer your other question: SRX use two different "planes" of operation, a control plane and a data plane. Hence the two different memory values (each plane has it's own pool of memory).

Twitter: @cryptochrome
--------------------------------
plus.google.com/11635909860
Contributor
vinayk

Hi,

The control CPU that you seen on UI is 1min average value.

Thanks,

Vin

Contributor
christiannh

Yes, thanks everyone. I think srx still need many improvements. I've tried two different OS but the result unsatisfied. The GUI is slow to access and does not shows the right environment.
Christian Nathaniel Hartono
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JNCIA-JUNOS | JNCIS-FWV | JNCIS-ENT

-Please mark "accept solution" if my post helps you-
Contributor
jason@xax.li

the gui has always been slow :smileywink: it has been getting better, though. however i still choose to not use it.

Contributor
AidanOS

Also be aware that JFlow is very CPU intensive on the software-based branch-SRX and J-series.  I'm not sure what kind of traffic is going through there but I'd investigate the option of syslogging.

Trusted Contributor
SomeITGuy

Actually above all else I have found that local traffic logging was the worst CPU hog.. If you need traffic logging you NEED to stream it to a Syslog server and not write it to local flash.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.