SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Which SRX branch devices have dedicated content processors?

Posted 07-28-2010 23:22

Hi Guys,

from the JUNOS for Security Platforms student guide:

"Some branch devices are equipped with a separate regular expression (REGEX) content processor to provide hardware-based pattern matching for IDP and antivirus acceleration".

Does anyone know which models have this hardware?

• 2.  RE: Which SRX branch devices have dedicated content processors?

Posted 07-29-2010 06:05

I'm assuming that this would be the Content Security Accelerator in which case the second page of this document lists the 210, 240 and 650 as having them.  On the other hand I've also seen a Juniper presentation that stated the CSA is optional in the 210 and 240 so it may be worth checking with your reseller and/or Juniper on before you make a purchase.

• 3.  RE: Which SRX branch devices have dedicated content processors?

Posted 07-29-2010 12:24

On page 5 of the Datasheet It says:

Content Security Accelerator in SRX210 high memory, SRX240 high memory, and SRX650

So to get the Content Security accellerator, you need to order the high memory version which you need to run any of the supported services anyway, so it wouldn't be useful in the low memory version.

• 4.  RE: Which SRX branch devices have dedicated content processors?
    Best Answer

Posted 07-29-2010 14:29

You can convert a Low memory unit to a Highmemory unit with a licence upgrade.. They have the same hardware, they are just atifically limited and prices lower.

• 5.  RE: Which SRX branch devices have dedicated content processors?

Posted 07-29-2010 18:00

i should have checked the datasheet first huh, well thanks for replying anyways, awesome thanks guys

• 6.  RE: Which SRX branch devices have dedicated content processors?

Posted 07-29-2010 20:49

You cannot convert all low memory SRX branch device into a high memory device. Only SRX100 can be upgraded to high memory via license upgrade. SRX2x0 cannot be upgraded.

-Richard

• 7.  RE: Which SRX branch devices have dedicated content processors?

Posted 07-29-2010 21:09

Sorry your right that only applies to the 100... most things apply to the "branch" series in general but I guess they just did that on the 100.

• 8.  RE: Which SRX branch devices have dedicated content processors?

Posted 07-29-2010 21:28

@SomeITGuy wrote:

You can convert a Low memory unit to a Highmemory unit with a licence upgrade.. They have the same hardware, they are just atifically limited and prices lower.

As far as I know, that is only true for the SRX100. Now, mind you, I haven't actually opened up and checked, but the license upgrade is only available for the SRX100.

EDIT: Heh, now that I posted, other posts stating the same showed up.