SRX

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  Why is the SRX trying to go to an Akami server?

Posted 07-01-2014 18:42

Looking at policy logs on our SRX, i can see that itself is generating a TCP request to 60.254.148.131 which is an Akami cache server.

There is nothing configured at all for the SRX to want to attempt this connection. No licensing configuration, update config etc...

So where is this traffic from the SRX coming from?

• 2.  RE: Why is the SRX trying to go to an Akami server?

Posted 07-01-2014 19:44

NAT

• 3.  RE: Why is the SRX trying to go to an Akami server?

Posted 07-01-2014 22:03

Maybe i wasnt clear enough. The traffic is generated from the SRX device itself, it is not transient traffic. its coming from .local0 internally to the device. I have not see this before on other devices, and there is no configuration for this device in relation to akami or even the internet it only deals with customer links internally.

I get the sneaky suspicion its like a call home feature but i cant find any documentation on it.

• 4.  RE: Why is the SRX trying to go to an Akami server?
    Best Answer

Posted 07-01-2014 22:50

Hi FXDMS Networks,

It should be due to UTM configuration related to web filtering on your SRX>

SRX will try to reach out to web sense server (server hosted by Akami) for URL category queries.

Regards,

rparthi

[Please Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated Too] .....

• 5.  RE: Why is the SRX trying to go to an Akami server?

Posted 07-01-2014 23:43

Thank you it was the UTM process. I have since disabled this service and the traffic has stopped.