SRX

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  best firmware version for srx210

Posted 08-18-2011 12:15

I just updated to firmware 10.4R6.5 on my srx210 and the improvements are mind boggling. I went from asking the vendor for a refund to looking into getting addtional srx devices due to all the improvements.

I also noticed that ther eis SRX firmware up to version 11. Is it a good idea to update to the newest version. or should i stick with 10.4R6.5 as is suggested on the juniper website.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: best firmware version for srx210
    Best Answer

Posted 08-18-2011 12:54

Stick with the Juniper Recommended releases..... Unless you absolutely, desperately need one of the features in a newer release.

The recommended release is generally the currently support release that has the lease active reported serious bugs over a given time.

• 3.  RE: best firmware version for srx210

Posted 08-18-2011 12:58

Thanks for the reply. I took a quick look at the realease notes for newer versions and did not see anything specific tthat would make me upgrade. The speed improvements on the WEbui are sufficient to keep me happy for now.

• 4.  RE: best firmware version for srx210

Posted 08-19-2011 10:04

10.0R3.10 is my all-time fave, but with that said, I try to run 10.4R4.5 on everything for customers (JTAC recommended).

Here's a post I wrote the other day on navigating JUNOS versions...

http://www.sinatranetwork.com/wordpress/?p=366