SRX Services Gateway
Reply
Contributor
shyan
Posts: 208
Registered: ‎08-07-2010
0
Accepted Solution

can't load '/kernel' and can't load '/kernel.old

hi all,

 

when i try to upgrade the 10.0 to 10.2 in SRX 100 from USB, shown can't load '/kernel' and can't load '/kernel.old'. Then i  followed the http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB12790&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid..., when i try to using this from usb as >install --format file:///junos-srxme-10.0R3.10-domestic.tgz shown invalid url, then i tried as install  file:///junos-srxme-10.0R3.10-domestic.tgz goes to as shown following process and again i get  the same message can't load '/kernel' and can't load '/kernel.old'.

how to solve this problem, plz any one having idea share your efforts.

loader> install --format file:///junos-srxsme-10.0R3.10-domestic.tgz
invalid URL
loader> install file:///junos-srxsme-10.0R3.10-domestic.tgz
/kernel data=0x9120e4+0xc6d10 syms=[0x4+0x74800+0x4+0xa4eb2]
Kernel entry at 0x801000d8 ...
getbootinfo: magic 0x0 md 0x8176a000 memsize 0x0
getbootinfo: boothowto 0x0 kernend 0x81800000 memsize 1024MB i2cid 0x531 kernelname /kernel

Platform Starting
init regular console
Initializing octeon watchdog
GDB: debug ports: uart
GDB: current port: uart
KDB: debugger backends: ddb gdb
KDB: current backend: ddb
getmemsize: msgbufp[size=32768] = 0x8000cfe4
Copyright (c) 1996-2010, Juniper Networks, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 1992-2006 The FreeBSD Project.
Copyright (c) 1979, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
        The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
JUNOS 10.0R3.10 #0: 2010-04-16 08:47:35 UTC
    builder@ormonth.juniper.net:/volume/build/junos/10.0/release/10.0R3.10/obj-octeon/bsd/sys/compile/JS
RXNLE
JUNOS 10.0R3.10 #0: 2010-04-16 08:47:35 UTC
    builder@ormonth.juniper.net:/volume/build/junos/10.0/release/10.0R3.10/obj-octeon/bsd/sys/compile/JS
RXNLE
real memory  = 1073741824 (1024MB)
avail memory = 519200768 (495MB)
cpuid: 0, btlb_cpumap:0xffffffff
FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 2 CPUs
Initializing watchdog interupt

Loading RT Fifo module.....
Loaded RT Fifo module
pmap_helper loaded (interface version 6, syscall 210)
cpu0 on motherboard
: CAVIUM's Octeon CPU Rev. 0.1 with no FPU implemented
        L1 Cache: I size 32kb(128 line), D size 8kb(128 line), sixty four way.
        L2 Cache: Size 128kb, ? way
obio0 on motherboard
uart0: <Octeon-16550 channel 0> on obio0
uart0: console (9600,n,8,1)
twsi0 on obio0
dwc0: <Synopsis DWC OTG Controller Driver> on obio0
usb0: DWC OTG Controller
Using DMA mode
Init: Port Power? op_state=1
Init: Power Port (0)
usb0: <USB Bus for DWC OTG Controller> on dwc0
usb0: USB revision 2.0
uhub0: vendor 0x0000 DWC OTG root hub, class 9/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 1
uhub0: 1 port with 1 removable, self powered
uhub1: vendor 0x0409 product 0x005a, class 9/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2
uhub1: single transaction translator
uhub1: 2 ports with 1 removable, self powered
umass0: STMicroelectronics ST72682  High Speed Mode, rev 2.00/2.10, addr 3
umass1: SanDisk Cruzer Blade, rev 2.00/2.00, addr 4
pcib0: <Cavium on-chip PCI bridge> on obio0
Disabling Octeon big bar support
PCI Status: PCI 32-bit: 0xc041b
pcib0: Initialized controller
pci0: <PCI bus> on pcib0
pci0: <serial bus, USB> at device 2.0 (no driver attached)
pci0: <serial bus, USB> at device 2.1 (no driver attached)
pci0: <serial bus, USB> at device 2.2 (no driver attached)
cpld0 on obio0
gblmem0 on obio0
octpkt0: <Octeon RGMII> on obio0
cfi0: <AMD/Fujitsu - 4MB> on obio0
platform_cookie_read not implemented
Timecounter "mips" frequency 500000000 Hz quality 0
Timecounters tick every 1.000 msec
md0: Preloaded image </isofs-install-srxsme> 12019712 bytes at 0x80bf24b0
Loading the NETPFE ethernet module
Loading E1/T1/J1 driver
Loading the DS1/E1 Media Layer; Attaching to media services layer
Loading common multilink module.
Loading the NETPFE PPPoE module
Loading the netpfe services driver
Loading the XDSL Media Layer; Attaching to media services layer
Loading the IPSec driver
 Loading the PTM driver

Loading the DIALER driver
Loading Link Services PICs module.
IPsec: Initialized Security Association Processing.
SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!
da1 at umass-sim1 bus 1 target 0 lun 0
da1: <SanDisk Cruzer Blade 8.02> Removable Direct Access SCSI-0 device
da1: 40.000MB/s transfers
da1: 1907MB (3907583 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 243C)
da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da0: <ST ST72682 2.10> Removable Direct Access SCSI-2 device
da0: 40.000MB/s transfers
da0: 1000MB (2048000 512 byte sectors: 64H 32S/T 1000C)
if_pfe_open: listener socket opened, listening on ...
Trying to mount root from cd9660:/dev/md0
WARNING: preposterous time in file system
WARNING: clock 8547 days greater than file system time
tty: not found
Installing disk1:/junos-srxsme-10.0R3.10-domestic.tgz
mount_msdosfs: /dev/da1s1: No such file or directory
ERROR: Execution failed for command mount
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `vnlru' to stop...done
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `vnlru_mem' to stop...done
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `bufdaemon' to stop...done
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process `syncer' to stop...
Syncing disks, vnodes remaining...1 0 done

syncing disks... All buffers synced.
Uptime: 11s
Rebooting...
cpu_reset: Stopping other CPUs


U-Boot 1.1.6-JNPR-1.7 (Build time: May  4 2010 - 06:59:58)

SRX_100_HIGHMEM board revision major:0, minor:0, serial #: AT4010AF0696
OCTEON CN5020-SCP pass 1.1, Core clock: 500 MHz, DDR clock: 266 MHz (532 Mhz data rate)
DRAM:  1024 MB
Starting Memory POST...
Checking datalines... OK
Checking address lines... OK
Checking 512K memory for U-Boot... OK.
Running U-Boot CRC Test... OK.
Flash:  4 MB
USB:   scanning bus for devices... 4 USB Device(s) found
       scanning bus for storage devices... 2 Storage Device(s) found
Clearing DRAM........ done
BIST check passed.
Boot Media: nand-flash usb
Net:   pic init done (err = 0)octeth0
POST Passed
Press SPACE to abort autoboot in 1 seconds
ELF file is 32 bit
Loading .text @ 0x8f000078 (246092 bytes)
Loading .rodata @ 0x8f03c1c4 (13940 bytes)
Loading .rodata.str1.4 @ 0x8f03f838 (16580 bytes)
Loading set_Xcommand_set @ 0x8f0438fc (104 bytes)
Loading .rodata.cst4 @ 0x8f043964 (20 bytes)
Loading .data @ 0x8f044000 (5620 bytes)
Loading .data.rel.ro @ 0x8f0455f4 (120 bytes)
Loading .data.rel @ 0x8f04566c (136 bytes)
Clearing .bss @ 0x8f0456f8 (11912 bytes)
## Starting application at 0x8f000078 ...
Consoles: U-Boot console
Found compatible API, ver. 1.7

FreeBSD/MIPS U-Boot bootstrap loader, Revision 1.7
(builder@shoth.juniper.net, Tue May  4 07:15:51 UTC 2010)
Memory: 1024MB
[1]Booting from nand-flash slice 1
Un-Protected 1 sectors
writing to flash...
Protected 1 sectors
/
can't load '/kernel'
can't load '/kernel.old'
Press Enter to stop auto bootsequencing and to enter loader prompt.

Best Regards,
Ghan Shyam
=========================
CCNA,JNCIA-Junos,JNCIS-SEC
=========================
www.gsraut.com.np



If this help to solve your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
Kudos are always appreciated.

Contributor
shyan
Posts: 208
Registered: ‎08-07-2010
0

Re: can't load '/kernel' and can't load '/kernel.old

[ Edited ]

This case is solved, plz refer my another post Problem in upgrade 10.2.

 

Best Regards,
Ghan Shyam
=========================
CCNA,JNCIA-Junos,JNCIS-SEC
=========================
www.gsraut.com.np



If this help to solve your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
Kudos are always appreciated.

New User
hviniciusg1
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎02-23-2012
0

Re: can't load '/kernel' and can't load '/kernel.old

Hi, what is the solution, could not find the refered post. thanks i know it has been a long time

Contributor
shyan
Posts: 208
Registered: ‎08-07-2010

Re: can't load '/kernel' and can't load '/kernel.old

[ Edited ]

Hi,

 

If you unable to load the junos with normal process, then try with loader as following steps.

 

Loading junos with USB

Go to the loader,

Accessing the Loader Prompt

To access the Loader prompt:

  1. Use console connection to connect to the device.
  2. Reboot the device.

    During reboot, the following message is displayed:

    Loading /boot/defaults/loader.conf

    After this message appears, see the following prompt:

    Hit [Enter] to boot immediately, or space bar for command prompt.

  3. Press the space bar to get to the Loader prompt.

    The loader> prompt appears.

  4. Loader>install file:///<package_name.tgz-on USB>

Even if you unable to load the junos then follow the step


  1. Firstly, take snapshot from the similar kind of devices, if you want to load junos for SRX210 then take snapshot from the SRX210 of running device with command "request system snapshot media usb factory partition slice"
  2. Go to loader prompt as above, The loader> prompt appears.
  3. Then inter command bootmedia usb
  4. Now device runs with junos from USB
  5. After the accessing device, run the command
  6. request system snapshot media internal factory partitionn slice
  7. Now  junos image with loader is copied to internal flash of device
  8. Then Finally, reboot the device from internal image and loader with command request system reboot media internal.

More links

Format and Mount a USB flash drive on a J-series/SRX  Series Router

KB10800

Best Regards,
Ghan Shyam
=========================
CCNA,JNCIA-Junos,JNCIS-SEC
=========================
www.gsraut.com.np



If this help to solve your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
Kudos are always appreciated.

Contributor
nhal
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎01-11-2012
0

Re: can't load '/kernel' and can't load '/kernel.old


shyan wrote:

Hi,

 

........

........

  1. Firstly, take snapshot from the similar kind of devices, if you want to load junos for SRX210 then take snapshot from the SRX210 of running device with command "request system snapshot media usb factory partition slice"
  2. Go to loader prompt as above, The loader> prompt appears.
  3. Then inter command bootmedia usb
  4. Now device runs with junos from USB
  5. After the accessing device, run the command
  6. request system snapshot media internal factory partitionn slice
  7. Now  junos image with loader is copied to internal flash of device
  8. Then Finally, reboot the device from internal image and loader with command request system reboot media internal.

hi,

 

I try to recover my srx650 using this method. After the device run junos from USB I try request system snapshot media internal factory partitionn slice but failed to copy to internal flash of the device

with this error message:

error: internal (/dev/ad0) is too small. Size must be atleast 1GB

 

I also tried the first method - loading junos from USB but also failed when I run 

Loader>install file:///<package_name.tgz-on USB>

here is the following error:

tty: not found
Installing disk0:/junos-srxsme-10.4R6.5-domestic.tgz
Computing slice and partition sizes for /dev/ad0 ...
The target media /dev/ad0 (400396800 bytes) is too small.
The installation cannot proceed
ERROR: Target media is too small

 

how can I clear the target media so that the size is enough to install junos?

 

Thanks.

Contributor
shyan
Posts: 208
Registered: ‎08-07-2010
0

Re: can't load '/kernel' and can't load '/kernel.old

Please verify the space availabe in your /dev/ either  using df -h in FreeBSD mode or show system storage commands if the device.

 

Best Regards,
Ghan Shyam
=========================
CCNA,JNCIA-Junos,JNCIS-SEC
=========================
www.gsraut.com.np



If this help to solve your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
Kudos are always appreciated.

Contributor
nhal
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎01-11-2012
0

Re: can't load '/kernel' and can't load '/kernel.old


hi,

 

here is the output of df-h

% df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
/dev/ad0s1a 621M 213M 358M 37% /
devfs 1.0K 1.0K 0B 100% /dev
/dev/md0 598M 598M 0B 100% /junos
/cf 621M 213M 358M 37% /junos/cf
devfs 1.0K 1.0K 0B 100% /junos/dev/
procfs 4.0K 4.0K 0B 100% /proc
/dev/bo0s3e 49M 90K 45M 0% /config
/dev/bo0s3f 616M 106M 461M 19% /cf/var

.....

.....

 

seems that the target media /dev/ad0s1a has available space 385M...how can i clear the space so i am able to recover the junos?

 

regards.


nhal wrote:


shyan wrote:

Hi,

........

........

  1. Firstly, take snapshot from the similar kind of devices, if you want to load junos for SRX210 then take snapshot from the SRX210 of running device with command "request system snapshot media usb factory partition slice"
  2. Go to loader prompt as above, The loader> prompt appears.
  3. Then inter command bootmedia usb
  4. Now device runs with junos from USB
  5. After the accessing device, run the command
  6. request system snapshot media internal factory partitionn slice
  7. Now  junos image with loader is copied to internal flash of device
  8. Then Finally, reboot the device from internal image and loader with command request system reboot media internal.

hi,

I try to recover my srx650 using this method. After the device run junos from USB I tryrequest system snapshot media internal factory partitionn slice but failed to copy to internal flash of the device

with this error message:

error: internal (/dev/ad0) is too small. Size must be atleast 1GB

 

I also tried the first method - loading junos from USB but also failed when I run 

Loader>install file:///<package_name.tgz-on USB>

here is the following error:

tty: not found
Installing disk0:/junos-srxsme-10.4R6.5-domestic.tgz
Computing slice and partition sizes for /dev/ad0 ...
The target media /dev/ad0 (400396800 bytes) is too small.
The installation cannot proceed
ERROR: Target media is too small

how can I clear the target media so that the size is enough to install junos?

 

Thanks.


 

I also tried the first method - loading junos from USB but also failed when I run 

Loader>install file:///<package_name.tgz-on USB>

here

Contributor
shyan
Posts: 208
Registered: ‎08-07-2010
0

Re: can't load '/kernel' and can't load '/kernel.old

Hi,
The output shows that there is sufficient space in device and it is booting from internally. Pls be ensure that you have to snapshot from the same model of SRX650 to load the snapshot to new sx650 facing the issue. For more Tshoot pls run some commands
>show system snapshot media usb: if the running srx650 is booting form usb 
>show system snapshot media internal: if the running srx650 is booting form internal device
>show chassis routing-engine
>show system storage
>show version
%ls /dev/da*
nhal wrote:


hi,

 

here is the output of df-h

% df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
/dev/ad0s1a 621M 213M 358M 37% /
devfs 1.0K 1.0K 0B 100% /dev
/dev/md0 598M 598M 0B 100% /junos
/cf 621M 213M 358M 37% /junos/cf
devfs 1.0K 1.0K 0B 100% /junos/dev/
procfs 4.0K 4.0K 0B 100% /proc
/dev/bo0s3e 49M 90K 45M 0% /config
/dev/bo0s3f 616M 106M 461M 19% /cf/var

.....

.....

 

seems that the target media /dev/ad0s1a has available space 385M...how can i clear the space so i am able to recover the junos?

 

regards.


nhal wrote:


shyan wrote:

Hi,

........

........

  1. Firstly, take snapshot from the similar kind of devices, if you want to load junos for SRX210 then take snapshot from the SRX210 of running device with command "request system snapshot media usb factory partition slice"
  2. Go to loader prompt as above, The loader> prompt appears.
  3. Then inter command bootmedia usb
  4. Now device runs with junos from USB
  5. After the accessing device, run the command
  6. request system snapshot media internal factory partitionn slice
  7. Now  junos image with loader is copied to internal flash of device
  8. Then Finally, reboot the device from internal image and loader with command request system reboot media internal.

hi,

I try to recover my srx650 using this method. After the device run junos from USB I tryrequest system snapshot media internal factory partitionn slice but failed to copy to internal flash of the device

with this error message:

error: internal (/dev/ad0) is too small. Size must be atleast 1GB

 

I also tried the first method - loading junos from USB but also failed when I run 

Loader>install file:///<package_name.tgz-on USB>

here is the following error:

tty: not found
Installing disk0:/junos-srxsme-10.4R6.5-domestic.tgz
Computing slice and partition sizes for /dev/ad0 ...
The target media /dev/ad0 (400396800 bytes) is too small.
The installation cannot proceed
ERROR: Target media is too small

how can I clear the target media so that the size is enough to install junos?

 

Thanks.


 

I also tried the first method - loading junos from USB but also failed when I run 

Loader>install file:///<package_name.tgz-on USB>

here


 

Best Regards,
Ghan Shyam
=========================
CCNA,JNCIA-Junos,JNCIS-SEC
=========================
www.gsraut.com.np



If this help to solve your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
Kudos are always appreciated.

Contributor
nhal
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎01-11-2012
0

Re: can't load '/kernel' and can't load '/kernel.old


shyan wrote:
Hi,
The output shows that there is sufficient space in device and it is booting from internally. Pls be ensure that you have to snapshot from the same model of SRX650 to load the snapshot to new sx650 facing the issue. For more Tshoot pls run some commands
>show system snapshot media usb: if the running srx650 is booting form usb (srx facing issue to load snapshot to internal media)

Boot Media: usb (da0)
Active Partition: da0s1a
Backup Partition: da0s2a
Currently booted from: active (da0s1a)

Partitions information:
Partition Size Mountpoint
s1a 2.3G /
s2a 2.3G altroot
s3e 177M /config
s3f 2.0G /var
s4a 231M recovery

root@FirewallPRI> show system snapshot media internal
node0:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

>show system snapshot media internal: if the running srx650 is booting form internal device (this is the working srx - fyi the srx is clustered environment)

root@FirewallPRI> show system snapshot media internal
node1:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Information for snapshot on internal (/dev/ad0s1a) (primary)
Creation date: Sep 21 12:13:50 2011
JUNOS version on snapshot:
junos : 10.4R6.5-domestic
Information for snapshot on internal (/dev/ad0s2a) (backup)
Creation date: Feb 25 20:54:01 2011
JUNOS version on snapshot:
junos : 10.2R3.10-domestic

 
>show chassis routing-engine

node1:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Routing Engine status:
Temperature 37 degrees C / 98 degrees F
CPU temperature 37 degrees C / 98 degrees F
Total memory 2048 MB Max 1024 MB used ( 50 percent)
Control plane memory 1104 MB Max 386 MB used ( 35 percent)
Data plane memory 944 MB Max 642 MB used ( 68 percent)
CPU utilization:
User 81 percent
Background 0 percent
Kernel 5 percent
Interrupt 0 percent
Idle 13 percent
Model RE-SRXSME-SRE6
Serial ID AABR3184
Start time 2012-11-16 17:31:23 MYT
Uptime 5 days, 23 hours, 39 minutes, 45 seconds
Last reboot reason 0x200:chassis control reset
Load averages: 1 minute 5 minute 15 minute
1.42 1.31 1.11

>show system storage 
from problem srx:

show system storage node all
node0:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
/dev/da0s1a 2.3G 213M 1.9G 10% /
devfs 1.0K 1.0K 0B 100% /dev
/dev/md0 598M 598M 0B 100% /junos
/cf 2.3G 213M 1.9G 10% /junos/cf
devfs 1.0K 1.0K 0B 100% /junos/dev/
procfs 4.0K 4.0K 0B 100% /proc
/dev/bo0s3e 177M 90K 163M 0% /config
/dev/bo0s3f 2.0G 104M 1.8G 5% /cf/var
/dev/md1 336M 16M 293M 5% /mfs
/cf/var/jail 2.0G 104M 1.8G 5% /jail/var
/cf/var/log 2.0G 104M 1.8G 5% /jail/var/log
devfs 1.0K 1.0K 0B 100% /jail/dev
/dev/md2 63M 4.0K 58M 0% /mfs/var/run/utm
/dev/md3 1.8M 4.0K 1.7M 0% /jail/mfs

 

from working srx:

 

show system storage
node1:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
/dev/ad0s1a 621M 213M 358M 37% /
devfs 1.0K 1.0K 0B 100% /dev
/dev/md0 598M 598M 0B 100% /junos
/cf 621M 213M 358M 37% /junos/cf
devfs 1.0K 1.0K 0B 100% /junos/dev/
procfs 4.0K 4.0K 0B 100% /proc
/dev/bo0s3e 49M 90K 45M 0% /config
/dev/bo0s3f 616M 107M 460M 19% /cf/var
/dev/md1 336M 16M 293M 5% /mfs
/cf/var/jail 616M 107M 460M 19% /jail/var
/cf/var/log 616M 107M 460M 19% /jail/var/log
devfs 1.0K 1.0K 0B 100% /jail/dev
/dev/md2 63M 4.0K 58M 0% /mfs/var/run/utm
/dev/md3 1.8M 4.0K 1.7M 0% /jail/mfs

 

>show version

 

node1:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hostname: FirewallPRI
Model: srx650
JUNOS Software Release [10.4R6.5]

%ls /dev/da* (on problem srx)

 

ls /dev/da*
/dev/da0 /dev/da0s2 /dev/da0s3c /dev/da0s4a
/dev/da0s1 /dev/da0s2a /dev/da0s3e /dev/da0s4c
/dev/da0s1a /dev/da0s2c /dev/da0s3f /dev/da1
/dev/da0s1c /dev/da0s3 /dev/da0s4 /dev/da1s1

 

on working srx

% ls /dev/ad*
/dev/ad0 /dev/ad0s1c /dev/ad0s2c /dev/ad0s3e /dev/ad0s4a
/dev/ad0s1 /dev/ad0s2 /dev/ad0s3 /dev/ad0s3f /dev/ad0s4c
/dev/ad0s1a /dev/ad0s2a /dev/ad0s3c /dev/ad0s4

 

also while booting from usb on the problem srx i'd notice this:

CF error busy
CF timeout busy
CF error busy
CompactFlash model ÿYÿYÿYÿYÿYÿYÿYÿYÿYÿYÿYÿYÿYÿYÿYÿYÿYÿYÿYÿY
ata0: <Octeon Compact Flash Driver> on obio0
gblmem0 on obio0
octpkt0: <Octeon RGMII> on obio0
cfi0: <AMD/Fujitsu - 8MB> on obio0

 

could it be the internal flash is corrupted? that is why i cant load snapshot from usb to internal media..

 

regards.

 

 

Contributor
shyan
Posts: 208
Registered: ‎08-07-2010
0

Re: can't load '/kernel' and can't load '/kernel.old

Hi,

 

is there any drive /dev/ad....... in problem facing SRX ?

Output shows that your usb is partition da0....... and found one more /dev/da1....... pls verify ls /dev/ad*

 

%ls /dev/da* (on problem srx)

 

ls /dev/da*
/dev/da0 /dev/da0s2 /dev/da0s3c /dev/da0s4a
/dev/da0s1 /dev/da0s2a /dev/da0s3e /dev/da0s4c
/dev/da0s1a /dev/da0s2c /dev/da0s3f /dev/da1
/dev/da0s1c /dev/da0s3 /dev/da0s4 /dev/da1s1

 

If there is no such ad0..... drive  look  for it   > request system snapshot media internal slice alternate

 

If you have still issue, let me know how you took snapshot .As per you srx are in HA.

 

 

Best Regards,
Ghan Shyam
=========================
CCNA,JNCIA-Junos,JNCIS-SEC
=========================
www.gsraut.com.np



If this help to solve your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
Kudos are always appreciated.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.