SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  couple questions about AX411 on SRX...PEAP settings disappearing >: and no "N"

Posted 12-15-2011 19:38
    couple questions about AX411 on SRX...PEAP settings disappearing >: and no "N"

No takers i nthe Wireless area so now I am upping the ante in the SRX area. Pleaase excuse me if this is a repost but I didnt get any replies!

Hi all

I have been getting aquainted with the SRX650 product recently and it is not that bad. I am having a bear of a time though on a wireless piece. Seems the wireless stuff just snaps in nicely all until I try and tune it to our refined needs.

Issue:

When configuring a "VAP" for a ssid I need to be authenticating via PEAP, the settings disappear for the radius,radius key, and refresh rates. I notice that the VAP is there in the cli if I do a show configuration but if I do a show wlan access points virtual access points then the VAP doesnt list. Only wpa personal vap exists :smileysad:

Here is a screenshot of what happens after setting up a VAP for PEAP.

SRX code version: 10.4R7.5

AX411 code version: 10.1.3.16

As for the "N" question, I cannot get clients to access anything more than 54mb on the access points. I have ghz radios set for n only where I have 2.4ghz radios set for b/g/n.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ben

• 2.  RE: couple questions about AX411 on SRX...PEAP settings disappearing >: and no "N"
    Best Answer

Posted 12-15-2011 22:23

Hi Ben,

When you configure radius from J-web, it delivers radius settings under radius stanza (check in cli)  which is not available now hence it is not able to fetch those details back on UI:

cipher-suites {
                            tkip;
                        }

radius { ## Warning: 'radius' is deprecated<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
                            radius-server x.x.x.x;
                            radius-key "key"; ## SECRET-DATA
                            broadcast-key-refresh-rate 500;
                      }

Use CLI to re-configure bleow comands by removing radius:

set wlan access-point juniper radio 1 virtual-access-point 0 security wpa-enterprise radius radius-server x.x.x.x
    set wlan access-point juniper radio 1 virtual-access-point 0 security wpa-enterprise radius radius-key "key"
    set wlan access-point juniper radio 1 virtual-access-point 0 security wpa-enterprise radius broadcast-key-refresh-rate 500

set wlan access-point juniper radio 1 virtual-access-point 0 security wpa-enterprise radius  session-key-refresh-rate 600

Thanks,

Vinay

• 3.  RE: couple questions about AX411 on SRX...PEAP settings disappearing >: and no "N"

Posted 12-16-2011 09:25

Ill Give that a shot and return with results...

Too bad the gui is doing that 😞

• 4.  RE: couple questions about AX411 on SRX...PEAP settings disappearing >: and no "N"

Posted 12-16-2011 09:54

worked. Bummer the gui is issueing depreciated code. Thats sloppy.