SRX Services Gateway
Contributor
Rohit

how to reinstall junos

todeay when i login my juniper srx 100 i got this error on my terminal window

WARNING :THE DEVICE HAS BOOTED FROM THE BACKUP JUNOS IMAGE,IT IS POSSIBLE THAT FIRST COPYU OF JUNOS FAILED TO BOOT SO PLEASE REINSTALL TO RECOVER IT

how can i find out the reason behind my junos image failue and how can i restore it and what can be done best to avoid this failure in the future,

Thanks 

Trusted Contributor
Aigarz

Re: how to reinstall junos

It may be simple power outage that forces Junos boot from the backup partition.
Issue the
show system snapshot media internal

If primary partition shows normal version – simply reboot the device. It will boot from primary.

how to reinstall:

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB16652 

Contributor
Rohit

i run that command it is showing me the same vers which is present in backup imaje,i reboot the device but the problem did not solved,my quistion is if this backup imaje also failed then do i need to install both the imaje or i need to install only primary,

Trusted Expert
SSHSSH

after u use the above mentioned command , reboot using " request system reboot slice 1" 

**************  Click on the button saying " Accept  as Solution"  if  My Post solved your problem  **************

Recognized Expert
Visitor

Hi Rohit,

It looks like the device is not able to load the junos from primary media. Once the srx boots us from secondary partition you can issue command > request system snapshot media internal slice alternate

This will copy the image of the secondary media to the primary media and the next time you boot the srx it should load from the primary media.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Visitor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post was helpful, please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".Kudos are always appreciated!

Contributor
Rohit

Thanks to all that issue was resolved after rebooting the device supar contri thanks for sharing this command ,

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.