SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  how to use network monitor system(snmp or log server) to monitor whether there is a ip-monitor failure or failover in cluster

Posted 04-03-2015 03:13

currently I have configured interface monitor and ip monitor in SRX cluster

how to use network monitor system(snmp or log server) to monitor whether there is a ip-monitor failure or failover in cluster

pls advise

• 2.  RE: how to use network monitor system(snmp or log server) to monitor whether there is a ip-monitor failure or failover in cluster
    Best Answer

Posted 04-03-2015 03:33

Hi Robbie,

As per KB23921, there is no MIB/OID to monitor chassis cluster, but we can confirgure traps and SRX will generate SNMP traps incase of cluster failovers.

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB23921&smlogin=true

• 3.  RE: how to use network monitor system(snmp or log server) to monitor whether there is a ip-monitor failure or failover in cluster

Posted 04-03-2015 06:49

in case of SRX failover,which node will send traps? new primary or old primary?

• 4.  RE: how to use network monitor system(snmp or log server) to monitor whether there is a ip-monitor failure or failover in cluster

Posted 04-03-2015 06:51

if there is ip-monitor failure or cluster failover,can we find it from logs?

• 5.  RE: how to use network monitor system(snmp or log server) to monitor whether there is a ip-monitor failure or failover in cluster

Posted 04-03-2015 09:31
    Trap will be from new primary . Do you mean ip-monitoring under chassis cluster ? It will be seen in jsrpd logs.

show log jsrpd

• 6.  RE: how to use network monitor system(snmp or log server) to monitor whether there is a ip-monitor failure or failover in cluster

Posted 04-25-2015 23:25

1:how to send log jsrpd to a remote log server and what is the key word?

it seems below syntax only send log message to remote log server

host 1.1.1.1 {
        any info;

}

correct me if I am wrong

2:what is interface monitor log and key word?