SRX

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  i Forget the password of SRX 100

Posted 09-12-2011 09:44

I forget the password of juniper SRX i100 how can i resat it with out resating the box to factory defalut

• 2.  RE: i Forget the password of SRX 100
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: i Forget the password of SRX 100

Posted 09-12-2011 22:49

Hi Rohit,

There was some changes made with 10.0 onwards where we need to disable the watchdog .
    Without disabling watchdog the password recovery will not work.Refer kb http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB17565&smlogin=true for more details

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Visitor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post was helpful, please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".Kudos are always appreciated!

• 4.  RE: i Forget the password of SRX 100

Posted 09-12-2011 23:26

i am not able to access this link .can u give me the content in a word docoument.

• 5.  RE: i Forget the password of SRX 100

Posted 09-12-2011 23:36

Hi Rohit,

PFB the document to recover the root password:

1.Power off the device by pressing the power button on the front panel and reboot the device.

2.Turn on the power to the management device.

3.Power on the device by pressing the power button on the front panel. Verify that the POWER LED on the front panel turns green.The terminal emulation screen on your management device displays the device’s boot sequence.

4.When the following prompt appears, press the spacebar to access the router’s bootstrap loader and type in the following commands:

Hit [Enter] to boot immediately, or space bar for command prompt.
    Booting [kernel] in 9 seconds...

Loader>
    Loader> watchdog disable 
    Loader> boot –s

5.At the following prompt, enter recovery to start the root password recovery procedure.

Enter full pathname of shell or 'recovery' for root password recovery or RETURN for /bin/sh: recovery

6.Enter configuration mode in the CLI.

7.Set the root password. For example:

user@host# set system root-authentication plain-text-password
    For more information about configuring the root password, see the Junos System Basics Configuration Guide.

8.At the following prompt, enter the new root password. For example:

New password: juniper1
    Retype new password:10.At the second prompt, reenter the new root password.

9.If you are finished configuring the network, commit the configuration.

root@host# commit
    commit complete12.Exit configuration mode in the CLI.

10.Exit operational mode in the CLI.

11.At the prompt, enter y to reboot the device.

Reboot the system? [y/n] y

10.Press the spacebar once again, to access the router’s bootstrap loader prompt, when the following sequence appears on the console:

Hit [Enter] to boot immediately, or space bar for command prompt.
    Booting [kernel] in 9 seconds...

Loader>
    Loader> watchdog enable
    Loader> boot

11.The device will boot again and at this instance will ask for a user name and password.  Enter the newly configured password.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Visitor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post was helpful, please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".Kudos are always appreciated!