SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  iOS App Junos Pulse won`t connect

Posted 10-13-2014 05:10

Hello everyone,

I have builded a DYNVPN-Access to a SRX110 just like the official juniper-support-sheet told me to do:

http://kb.juniper.net/library/CUSTOMERSERVICE/GLOBAL_JTAC/technotes/dynamic-vpn-appnote-junos10.4-v21.pdf

When I try to connect with a PC, then everthing works fine -> I can download the Pulse-Client and can connect with my LAN over VPN.

When I try the junos Pulse APP for iOS the connection won´t come up.

I configured a test-connection in the app, and when I press connect, then I will be redirected to the HTTPS-Website of my SRX. I can enter my username and password, but then, the client trys 60 seconds, but at the end there is a connection error.

Where can I start with my debugging, or does anyone have an example configuration of a working configuration with the iOS App. I try to test the iOS APP on iOS 8.0.2.

Best Regards,

Christoph

• 2.  RE: iOS App Junos Pulse won`t connect
    Best Answer

Posted 10-13-2014 07:36

Hi,

The Dynamic VPN that ships with the SRX is an IPSec VPN.  The HTTPS/SSL part is for authentication/updates/client download only.

The App in the Apple Store is for an SSL VPN only.  To quote from the app description: "Junos Pulse for iOS enables secure connectivity over SSL VPN to corporate applications and data from anywhere, at any time".

You would need a MAG Series device in order to create such a VPN type.  Unless things have changed a lot recently in the Dynamic VPN setup on the SRX.

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/security/mag-series/

• 3.  RE: iOS App Junos Pulse won`t connect

Posted 10-13-2014 10:48

Hi and thanks a lot for your fast reply.
    Topic can be closed and marked as solved.

Best regards