SRX

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
Expand all | Collapse all

is it possible to configure a reth , and all the child interface of that reth come from only one node ,why

• 1.  is it possible to configure a reth , and all the child interface of that reth come from only one node ,why

Posted 01-07-2016 12:17

my problem is  as title .thanks in advance . 

• 2.  RE: is it possible to configure a reth , and all the child interface of that reth come from only one node ,why

Posted 01-07-2016 19:06

If you want to use one node only, it would make better sense to use the physical interface as standalone instead of making it a reth member. If the idea is to use nodes individually but still have them in cluster, you would not get proper redundancy.

More detals on what you want to achieve and how you wish to deploy the HA would be helpful.

Regards,

Srinath

• 3.  RE: is it possible to configure a reth , and all the child interface of that reth come from only one node ,why
    Best Answer

Posted 01-08-2016 00:21

Hi , 

I have this setup on my SRX , all childs belong to single node , because my cluster right now contain a single node and i need to add the second node in future with minimal impact on the primary node.

Fore redendancy , if you have two uplinks toward different routers you must shutdown one of them , otherwise SRX will start loadhsharing traffic among reth links that belong to different uplinks .

Br.