SRX

last person joined: 4 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  is there any patrol tool for SRX 1400

Posted 04-23-2015 10:22

• 2.  RE: is there any patrol tool for SRX 1400

Posted 04-23-2015 13:47
    What do you mean by patrol tool ?

• 3.  RE: is there any patrol tool for SRX 1400

Posted 04-24-2015 09:26

i mean the inspection tool . yearly inspect 

• 4.  RE: is there any patrol tool for SRX 1400

Posted 04-24-2015 14:26
    Yearly inspect of your config ? Hardware ? Support ? Never heard of a tool to do such things.

• 5.  RE: is there any patrol tool for SRX 1400
    Best Answer

Posted 04-24-2015 16:38

Juniper do have Junos Space and you can have Security Director on top of that, that can be used to evaluate SRX config, policy evaluation (where to place which policy in config etc.), device entitlement, zero touch provisioning and many more. 

I guess Security Director can solve your problem.

• 6.  RE: is there any patrol tool for SRX 1400

Posted 04-25-2015 06:21

I think you are talking about the annual audits we have to pass for various compliance needs.

If so, there is no one solution for this and the specifics of the solutions will vary depending on which compliance you are needing to acheive. 

You should start by going to the compliance standards body document first.  LIke PCI, HIPAA or whatever and download the actual standard that is being used for your infrastructure.

These are organized in sections and you then need to determine which tools are needed to properly adhere to each section.  Tools like Space or NSM help with the monitoring and reporting on configuration and activity.  But you need to use outside tools like NMAP or scanners to determine if the port vulnerabilities are properly closed or managed.  And you may need other systems to monitor change management.

All of it really starts with knowing those requirements by the certification body.  Owning the tools are not enough they have to be configured and used in a way that meets the standard.

• 7.  RE: is there any patrol tool for SRX 1400

Posted 04-23-2015 17:25

Is this about monitoring ? if yes what to monitor? 

• 8.  RE: is there any patrol tool for SRX 1400

Posted 04-23-2015 18:21

STRM, Junos SPACE and Junos NSM can be used to manage logs and data of NSM.

Refer : https://www.juniper.net/assets/us/en/local/pdf/datasheets/1000332-en.pdf

Regards,
    C_R
    Please Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated Too