SRX

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  redistribute static into ospf

Posted 07-08-2011 02:27

Hi,

I used the IOS to Junos translator to implement redistrubtion of static routes into ospf, I can understand the first part but the "term" syntax has me stumped. Can someone explain the lat two terms:

set protocols ospf export ospf-redistributes policy-options policy-statement ospf-redistributes term static from protocol static
    set protocols ospf export ospf-redistributes policy-options policy-statement ospf-redistributes term static then accept
    set protocols ospf export ospf-redistributes policy-options policy-statement ospf-redistributes term from-ospf from protocol ospf
    set protocols ospf export ospf-redistributes policy-options policy-statement ospf-redistributes term from-ospf then next policy    
    set protocols ospf export ospf-redistributes policy-options policy-statement ospf-redistributes term ios-implicit-deny then reject

What does the "from-ospf" term do?

What does the "ios-implicit-deny" term do?

Are they nessesary?

Thanks,

Paul

• 2.  RE: redistribute static into ospf
    Best Answer

Posted 07-08-2011 02:37

Simply if you want to distribute static routes to OSPF :

1- set a new routing policy "static-to-OSPF"

set policy-options policy-statement static-to-OSPF term term1 from protocol static

set policy-options policy-statement static-to-OSPF term term1 then accept

2- apply this policy on the OSPF protocl's hierarchy 

set protocols OSPF export static-to-OSPF

3- commit the changes

commit

• 3.  RE: redistribute static into ospf

Posted 07-08-2011 03:08

Thanks Mio,

makes sense. So would it be similar for connected subnets?

I've written the following;

set protocols ospf export redistribute-into-OSPF
    set policy-options policy-statement redistribute-into-OSPF term direct from protocol direct
    set policy-options policy-statement redistribute-into-OSPF term direct then accept
    set policy-options policy-statement redistribute-into-OSPF term static from protocol static
    set policy-options policy-statement redistribute-into-OSPF term static then accept

Thanks,

Paul