New User
chau

srx 240 storage full

1. perform an upgrade without issue command no-copy and unlink

2. dashboard show storage 100% utilization

3. already perform clean up but utilization remain unchange

4. deleted tgz image in /var/sw/pkg by using rm command in shell

anyone face this problem ?

wonder, by using rm command to delete file, will the file delete permanently, or it will just throw to trash ?

Visitor
AffantComm

Re: srx 240 storage full

I have the same problem. I have had a case open for almost a week and still no answer. I am escalating now and hoping to get some answers soon. I've tried numerous upgrade/downgrade paths and so far nothing stops it from hitting 100% storage and nothing will clear up space.

Contributor
srx-user

I'm having the same issue when I upgraded to 10.0R3.10 two weeks ago. The Resource Utilization graphs on the dashboard shows storage as 100% utilized. I started cleaning up unnecessary files, but the graph still showed 100% utilization.

However, I found this quirk, when you hover your mouse over the bar graph, the actual figure shows 1000M/624M, which works out to 62.4%, I think it's a bug with the jweb interface.

Contributor

well i have the same issue with SRX 100 and also tried everything via command and web interface but it stays the same i also posted this issue at community but couldnt get any response...i tried deleting the backup package from command prompt and from web it says that packages has been deleted but it stays there......

Contributor
amjain

Please post the JTAC case number in case any body has one open for this problem. Regards
Contributor
DallasAdmin

I too have this issue.  If you check the disk space in a terminal session, it says it's ok.  The JWeb interface says otherwise.  How much quality control goes on at Juniper.  There are so many wierd bugs with these SRX 240s.

Super Contributor
oldtimer

The J-web storage capacity issue is a known issue, and it is being addressed in 10.2 (not sure about 10.1R2 yet). It is basically the way that the J-Web does the calculation of the storage capacity. It bases the calculation on the "show system storage" output. This is basically the same as if you did a "df -k" from the shell. Does a "request system storage clean-up" help at all?
Contributor
amjain

This is a J-web specific problem. The fix will be there in subsequent releases.

Meanwhile, the CLI command "show system storage" will give a correct picture of free space. Look for a line similar to the following to find space in "var" partition which is essentially used for logging, temporary storage for installation etc.

/dev/bo0s3f             342M        11M       304M        3%  /cf/var

Regards

New User
Sean_B

Did anyone ever find the PR number for this issue?

Contributor
shyan

Hi -

i have like same problem in srx210, how to resolve the problem.

i have also posted the  problem in forum.

if u anyone get the solution, plese share the idea.

Thanking you.

Best Regards,
Ghan Shyam
=========================
CCNA,JNCIA-Junos,JNCIS-SEC
=========================
www.gsraut.com.np

If this help to solve your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
Kudos are always appreciated.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.