New User
0 Kudos

srx 240 storage full

1. perform an upgrade without issue command no-copy and unlink

2. dashboard show storage 100% utilization

3. already perform clean up but utilization remain unchange

4. deleted tgz image in /var/sw/pkg by using rm command in shell

anyone face this problem ?

wonder, by using rm command to delete file, will the file delete permanently, or it will just throw to trash ?

Highlighted
Visitor
0 Kudos

Re: srx 240 storage full

I have the same problem. I have had a case open for almost a week and still no answer. I am escalating now and hoping to get some answers soon. I've tried numerous upgrade/downgrade paths and so far nothing stops it from hitting 100% storage and nothing will clear up space.

Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue when I upgraded to 10.0R3.10 two weeks ago. The Resource Utilization graphs on the dashboard shows storage as 100% utilized. I started cleaning up unnecessary files, but the graph still showed 100% utilization.

However, I found this quirk, when you hover your mouse over the bar graph, the actual figure shows 1000M/624M, which works out to 62.4%, I think it's a bug with the jweb interface.

Contributor
0 Kudos

well i have the same issue with SRX 100 and also tried everything via command and web interface but it stays the same i also posted this issue at community but couldnt get any response...i tried deleting the backup package from command prompt and from web it says that packages has been deleted but it stays there......

Contributor
0 Kudos

Please post the JTAC case number in case any body has one open for this problem. Regards
Contributor
0 Kudos

I too have this issue.  If you check the disk space in a terminal session, it says it's ok.  The JWeb interface says otherwise.  How much quality control goes on at Juniper.  There are so many wierd bugs with these SRX 240s.

Super Contributor
0 Kudos

The J-web storage capacity issue is a known issue, and it is being addressed in 10.2 (not sure about 10.1R2 yet). It is basically the way that the J-Web does the calculation of the storage capacity. It bases the calculation on the "show system storage" output. This is basically the same as if you did a "df -k" from the shell. Does a "request system storage clean-up" help at all?
Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a J-web specific problem. The fix will be there in subsequent releases.

Meanwhile, the CLI command "show system storage" will give a correct picture of free space. Look for a line similar to the following to find space in "var" partition which is essentially used for logging, temporary storage for installation etc.

/dev/bo0s3f             342M        11M       304M        3%  /cf/var

Regards

New User
0 Kudos

Did anyone ever find the PR number for this issue?

Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi -

i have like same problem in srx210, how to resolve the problem.

i have also posted the  problem in forum.

if u anyone get the solution, plese share the idea.

Thanking you.

Best Regards,
Ghan Shyam
=========================
CCNA,JNCIA-Junos,JNCIS-SEC
www.gsraut.com.np

If this help to solve your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
Kudos are always appreciated.

Contributor

well this is a know issue in Junos regarding storage.....Juniper tech says thats its a bug....and it doesnot affect perfomance of the device....and its true to some extent we have many devices deployed at branches showing that memory is full and CPU usage is 100 % but we never faced any issue.....anywyas we tried everything but couldnt get it to work.... the only way it could be done is via through command prompt.....i was successful in addressing the issue with the help of JTAC.....it just worked for one device and when we tried these commands on another device it didnt worked and we had the same issue....

i am attaching commands that i tried long back for your reference see if you guys could get any idea or maybe it can work for you.....Good luck to all

Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: SRX 210 storage full

[ Edited ]

When I reinstall the junos in Sir 210, the storage data memory in web dashboard graph  shows storage data memory full 100% and  red shaded over the graph but when I point mouse in it shows 1000M/553M. How to clear the unnecessary filesystem and data  from storage that are not used and show the dashboard in normal graph.

plz refer the snapshot attached here for more details.

Best Regards,
Ghan Shyam
CCNA,JNCIA-Junos,JNCIS-SEC
www.gsraut.com.np

If this help to solve your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
Kudos are always appreciated.

Trusted Contributor
0 Kudos

If memory serves the storage and CPU displaying incorrectly in J-Web is a bug in 10.1R1.  I'd suggest upgrading to 10.2R3 (or 10.1R3 if that isn't possible) and see if the problem is resolved.

mawr

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the same with my 3 x SRX-240 firewalls use the command >request system storage cleanup

and after the command use ftp server to upload the junos in var/tmp folder.After copying junos file in var/tmp folder use the below command to upload the junos it will resolve your problem.

>request system software add no-copy no-validate /cf/var/tmp/junos-srxsme-10.2R3.10-domestic.tgz reboot