SRX

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  srx chassis cluster over network 2 layer

Posted 03-15-2014 12:12

Hello! I need in chassis cluster between two srx650 over layer2 network. And i have found such article, which would be useful for me. this article

But i do not understand from it some moments:
    1. please show me onto this logical scheme, where is located interfaces ( ge-0/0/0, ge-0/0/1, ge-0/1/0), which are mentioned in the configuration below ( what side of switch).

set interfaces ge-0/0/0 mtu 9014
     set interfaces ge-0/0/0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching port-mode trunk
     set interfaces ge-0/0/0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members   4094
     set interfaces ge-0/0/1 mtu 9014
     set interfaces ge-0/0/1 unit 0 family ethernet-switching port-mode trunk
     set interfaces ge-0/0/1 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members 4094
     set interfaces ge-0/1/0 mtu 9014
     set interfaces ge-0/1/0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching port-mode trunk
     set interfaces ge-0/1/0 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members 4094

SRX240--------EX2200-------EX2200------SRX240

2. Do I understand correctly, that the Trunk should be only between two ex2200 switches.
    between srx and switch should be two separated links ( from interface g-0/0/1(fxp1) and from any ge-0/0/x (fab)).

• 2.  RE: srx chassis cluster over network 2 layer
    Best Answer

Posted 03-15-2014 16:42

The commands in this kb are for the ex2200 switch port setup.  They seem to be missing one as there are only three of the four ports listed.

Yes, if you use the switching connections then the fab and control ports should be isolated throughout the connection.  See this note In the layer two deployment guide for HA clusters.

Each HA netwokr must be isolated from any other hosts.

On Junos 10.2 and earlier, VLAN tas from HA traffic MUST be preserved.  Control link traffic is tagged with the VLAN-ID 4094 and must not be modified by the transport network.

Junos versions 10.2R2 onwards can be configured to carry no VLAN tages across the control-plane links.

This is the source for your design and configuration notes on a switch system between the cluster nodes.

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=TN21

• 3.  RE: srx chassis cluster over network 2 layer

Posted 03-16-2014 09:16

Yes, in this manual (LAHAAppNotev4.pdf), there is all that is needed. Anyway,  it's time to try everything in practice ..