SRX

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about the SRX Series, vSRX, and cSRX.
  • 1.  srx load set terminal chops off strings misses commands

Posted 06-29-2016 08:50

Hi all

I got an SRX where when I use load set terminal, it often misses statements and chops of the last several charaters. here is an example:

What I load via load set terminal:

{primary:node0}[edit]
    ejunzzo@fwtpcore1a# load set terminal
    [Type ^D at a new line to end input]
    set security policies from-zone zone_A to-zone zone_B policy pol_zoneA_host_to_zoneB_host match source-address Host_xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx_testing_host07
    set security policies from-zone zone_A to-zone zone_B policy pol_zoneA_host_to_zoneB_host match source-address Host_xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx_testing07
    set security policies from-zone zone_A to-zone zone_B policy pol_zoneA_host_to_zoneB_host match source-address Host_xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx_testing08
    set security policies from-zone zone_A to-zone zone_B policy pol_zoneA_host_to_zoneB_host match destination-address Host_xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx_zoneB_8
    set security policies from-zone zone_A to-zone zone_B policy pol_zoneA_host_to_zoneB_host match application junos-http
    set security policies from-zone zone_A to-zone zone_B policy pol_zoneA_host_to_zoneB_host match application junos-https
    set security policies from-zone zone_A to-zone zone_B policy pol_zoneA_host_to_zoneB_host then permit

load complete

What I get afterwards with show | compare

{primary:node0}[edit]
    ejunzzo@fwtpcore1a# show | compare
    [edit security policies from-zone zone_A to-zone zone_B]
    +     policy pol_zoneA_host_to_zoneB_host {
    +         match {
    +             source-address [ Host_xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx_testing_host07 Host_xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx_testing07 Host_xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx_testing08 ];
    +             destination-address Host_xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx_zoneB_8;
    +             ## Warning: missing mandatory statement(s): 'application'
    +         }
    +         ## Warning: missing mandatory statement(s): 'then'
    +     }

now if I copy paste the same lines for application and then again into srx, it still works, and show | compare stops complaining about missing mandatory statements.

This is particularlly annoying since I have like 5 different policies to commit and this happens quite often. 

Does anyone else encounter this and what did you do to fix it?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: srx load set terminal chops off strings misses commands
    Best Answer

Posted 06-29-2016 11:53

Hello,

This is a ages-old well-known problem with certain terminal emulators and shallow buffers

https://forums.juniper.net/t5/Ethernet-Switching/Copy-amp-Paste-from-text-file-to-CLI/m-p/37373#M1811

If You put the set commands into a text file, transfer this file via SFTP to SRX and then use "load set <path/filename>", You won't see this problem. One limitation is You cannot add annotations this way.

HTH

Thx
    Alex