SSL VPN
Contributor
DanSmart

Re: 6.5R1 Code - Any Issues in Production Yet?

I've been testing the new Citrix Profile templates.  So far in testing the WI 5.1 template is working with both Mac Safari and Mac Firefox with Xen Desktop 5.1.  I'm going to try to test Citrix client delivery.  Not sure if it works with Mac or not.

One issue that has always occurred.   We use Network Connect with a ACL that limits it to the ICA ports instead of JSAM since is seems more robust.  For Xen Desktop role, we point the "Home Page" to the Citrix Xen Desktop web server to start this immediately.  However, the home page tries to load before the NC client is finished connecting, giving some error messages while trying to connect to Xen, and requiring you to click a link to manually connect to Xen.  It works but is not seamless.  There should be an option for the Home Page to wait until NC connects.

Finally, after NC connects on the Mac, the window stays open on top the the browser window.  You have to hit the "-" button to minimize it.  I'd sure like NC to automatically minimize after connecting the way it does in Windows.

--  Next...  Testing full VPN NC on Mac using user certificates, and Windows Xen 5.1 testing, and Citrix WI 4.6 testing under windows.

-=Dan=-

-=Dan=-
Contributor
abrown

[ Edited ]

The response from juniper support concerning the RDP Launcher was this:

The RDP launcher is a new feature introduced in 6.5R1 release code. It is enabled when you check the option to allow user to use Windows Terminal Service. If you are not using Windows Terminal Service feature under user role >> general, then please uncheck it and RDP launcher will be removed from user's bookmark page. If you are using Windows terminal Service feature, at present release it is not possible to remove it. I am working with development team if we can add a new option to allow admin to disable the RDP launcher at moment as I have seen several customer requsting the same.

Removal isn't an option if you want to use the windows terminal service feature...

Message Edited by abrown on 09-11-2009 07:06 AM
Trusted Contributor
stine

Thanks for the update.

I would have expected it to be an option similar to the browser bar..... 

Theodore E Van Iderstine
Stream Networks
+1 678 373 4200 x125
JNCIA-ER (expired), JNCIA-SSL (ditto)
Trusted Contributor
stine

After uninstalling all of the Juniper (NC, HC, CC, SM) apps,  the Cisco VPN client, and rebooting, this error still happens in at least these two scenarios.  1) you have connected to the URL  that requires hostchecker and cachecleaner to run prior to login AND you let the 'Perform check every' timer expire without successfully logging in. or 2) you log in normally and simply log out.
Theodore E Van Iderstine
Stream Networks
+1 678 373 4200 x125
JNCIA-ER (expired), JNCIA-SSL (ditto)
Trusted Contributor
SonicBoom

[ Edited ]

i have been running it since it came out both on our test box and in production about a week after, it works perfectly in 64bit mode which is the reason we deploed it, i have tested it up to windows 7X64. 

a few things i did notice when switching from NC to WSAM

1. once WSAM installs a reboot will be required due to a microsoft file that updates the ethernet connection.
  2. when you end your session in WSAM an error message pops up that says the connection timed out. ( this error has baffled some users and they have had to call in and open a ticket in order for them to be asked to click "ok")
  3. i have seen some machines no show "Network Connection Disconnected" when you end your session, the problem is the connection hasnt ended, only the juniper wsam connection but again the users are baffled.
Message Edited by SonicBoom on 09-14-2009 05:21 AM
Power On
http://vology.com
drf
Contributor
drf

[ Edited ]

We had a small group of users test Network Connect 6.5 and 2 people said they were prompted to reboot their PC after NC installed. Then were asked to reboot again after rebooting the 1st time. I have never seen any reboot requirements before with NC. Has anyone else? We do not have GINA or TOS Bit enabled.

Also there is a new prompt that comes up asking you if you want to run the file neoNCSetup.exe. You can choose Always, Yes, or No. Not sure why Juniper added this. Seems to just confuse the end user even more.

Message Edited by drf on 09-16-2009 01:59 PM
Regular Visitor
CebNM

We had a similar issue regarding some machines needing a reboot after installing the 6.5R1 Network Connect client.  It appeared that if the machine had a previous of Network Connect, a reboot wasn't required.

This was a big enough issue for our area that was rolling out the client that I opened a case with Juniper.  For our specific case, it appeared to be related to leaving on our current/old IPSEC client.  If we removed the old IPSEC client and did a fresh install (no previous versions) of Network Connect, then it wouldn't request the reboot.

Visitor
MichaelMcNamara

We've been running 6.5R1 for the past two weeks on a cluster of SA4000s and we've had quite a few client issues;

Norton 360  + WSAM = BSOD

Symantec Antivirus + WSAM = intermitent local DNS/WINS/NetBIOS name resoultion issues

ZoneAlarm + WSAM = No worky

Supposedly these issues are being addressed in 6.5R2 which is scheduled for release in November 2009. A workaround to these problems is to use JSAM or NC which appear to work fine in all of the above scenarios.

http://blog.michaelfmcnamara.com/2009/10/norton-360-and-juniper-ssl-vpn-wsam/

Cheers!

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.