SSL VPN
Contributor
nahun

Re: Andorid Support

I can confirm L3 connectivity (tunnel) works on rooted phones. A bunch of us here that support Juniper's SSL VPN platform have rooted Android phones and it worked right away for us.

Also, I'm now able to install the Pulse client on Honeycomb (3.1) through the market, but my tablet isn't rooted, so no tunnel is started.

New User
caniggia

i can confirm too, it;s working, but.. on mine is not configuring dns correctly, what means, dns suffix is not working, i have to type full path.

Visitor
tspencer

Very interested in the settings you have on your Juniper for this to work. I have a rooted tablet with Pulse but am not getting handed an IP address from our VPN. It appears that all I am getting is the portal to our published directories and not a true VPN connection.

Did you have to change many settings in the Client Roles to get Pulse running properly?

zanyterp

Do you have Network Connect configured for the role(s) you are logging in against? This is the configuration that provides the IP details.
New User
caniggia

our server are configuring another IT people, it's configured like for laptops, and new version is getting to work same like pc network connect client.

Contributor
KBloomquist

So have any of you been able to perform remote desktop? On our laptops/PC's we are using JSAM but this does not appear to work still.

zanyterp

JSAM is only available for desktop OS; it is not available on the mobile devices.
Contributor
KBloomquist

[ Edited ]

So there is still no way to remote desktop from an android device via SSL VPN?

Contributor
ThomasE66

KBloomquist wrote:

JSAM aside, is there a way to remote desktop from an android device?

There are multiple RDP clients available on the Market. You just need an IP connection to the network where the server resides. Pulse isn't quite there yet it would seem. JSAM will most likely never be an option since Android doesn't support Java.
Juniper Select/Elite Enterprise Solutions Provider - Americas
JNCIA - JUNOS, SSL, IDP
JNCIS - SEC, SSL, ENT
New User
caniggia

vnc works good.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.