SSL VPN
Visitor
Sdawson35

Cisco IP Communicator & SSL VPN

Hi,

Does anybody have any pointers on how to get this "odd" combination to work ?

I am not sure but think I need to use Network Connect for this ?

Regards

Scott

Distinguished Expert
firewall72

Re: Cisco IP Communicator & SSL VPN

Hi,

We've been using IP Communicator with Network Connect for a few years without issue.  In theory, WSAM would probably work but I haven't tested it.

-John

John Judge
JNCIS-SEC, JNCIS-ENT,

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution". Kudos are appreciated.
Trusted Contributor
Mrkool

yeah we use CIC and Network connect all the time. are you running into any issues with this?
SA-6500 (7.3R3) Production
MAG 4610 (7.4) Lab
Visitor
ttufo

what did you do to make it work? 

My customer is trying to get Cisco IP Communicator running with the
SA6500. We have the network connect allowing them to connect to the
Cisco Call Manager, but then outgoing calls fail. They can connect to the call
manager and register their phone. They can also get dial tone, but after
dialing a number it goes dead. Incoming calls are displayed, but when they answer
the call it then goes dead. 

Contributor
mkelly_uwyo

remember that the call manager only handles call set up. You will have to allow your phone access to the other phones on your network.
zanyterp

Yes, Network Connect is needed for this; WSAM cannot handle this due to the server-initiated nature of the call server.

I would recommend, as well, configuring the NC profile for ESP rather than NCP/oNCP.

New User
hcherrat

Can you tell me where do you get this information from, I mean the thing about "the NC profile for ESP rather than NCP/oNCP"? We are implementing a Cisco Call manager and are deploying the Cisco IP Communicator to users and we have a lot of problems when using Juniper Network Connect.

zanyterp

The recommendation on using ESP rather than oNCP/NCP comes from working with multiple clients. It also uses UDP as the transport mechanism so has some additional speed there compared to the TCP-based oNCP/NCP. For call information the ESP mechanism also allows for QoS (if enabled on your network).

Contributor
nwizard

I defeat all the problems related with topic except constantly changing MAC address of Juniper Network Connect virtual adapter which needs to register CIPC in CME... Should I use auto-register feature ? The problem with registration of CIPC - you should change method of IP address usage in Audio->Network tabs on the Network Connect adapter. it defeats one way voice also...
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.