SSL VPN
Contributor
gamer004

Disable client side debuglog.log file in public profile

Hi,

A customer of ours complains about the size of the debuglog.log file in the Public user profile folder. This because of profiles being copied from and to network drives.

Is there a way to turn off this file completely? ( file is in %drive%\Users\Public\Juniper Networks\Logging ; Windows 7)

You cannot turn off this file centrally ( System- Log/monitoring -ClientLogs-Settings). But, ofcourse you all knew this ;-)

Thanks,

Frank

Recognized Expert
jayLaiz

Re: Disable client side debuglog.log file in public profile

HI Frank,

There is no way to turn this file off completely

To minimize the size of the debuglog file, you can keep client side logging disabled for host checker, network connect etc and enable it only when there is an issue and logging needs to be enabled for network connect issues.host checker issues etc

Regards,

Jay

zanyterp

It will always log connection attempts from JuniperSetupControl; however, this alone should not cause the file to reach a large size. As jayLaiz pointed out, reducing all client-side logging should help.

There are a couple things that _may_ be possible (unofficial, not tested, and will change how the client behaves) that I can send you if you would like. I'm traveling this week and do not have access to a Windows machine to validate behavior, though I know theoretical responses.
Contributor
gamer004

Yes, thankyou. that would be great.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.