SSL VPN
Visitor

Firefox Cache cleaner

I was working with Cache Cleaner, and noticed that

- C:\Documents and Settings\jmessenger\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\buoim9kx.default\Cache

and

- C:\Documents and Settings\jmessenger\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\buoim9kx.default\OfflineCache

are not cleared by cache cleaner.

After looking that them more I realize that the name  "buoim9kx.default" is unique to every firefox install and that I can't specify a location for firefox to clear that cache.

Note: Type about:cache in the url for firefox to view your firefox cache.

Has anyone been able to clear those folders, or in general clear firefox cache with cache cleaner?

If so, how?

Trusted Contributor
stine

Re: Firefox Cache cleaner

My cache cleaner entry for firefox is:

<USERHOME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*

I simply wipe the entire cache and let firefox re-create the cache directory structure when it starts.

Theodore E Van Iderstine
Stream Networks
+1 678 373 4200 x125
JNCIA-ER (expired), JNCIA-SSL (ditto)
Visitor

I added

<USERHOME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*  (Clear Subfolders)

and the cache did not clear

than I tried

<USERHOME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles   (Clear Subfolders)

still did not clear

Had both

<USERHOME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*  (Clear Subfolders)

<USERHOME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles   (Clear Subfolders)

and it still did not clear.

I have it checking and enforcing at the realm level.  But still failed with Firefox

Trusted Contributor
stine

let me log out and verify it on my setup. 

i'll reply again after i log back in.

Theodore E Van Iderstine
Stream Networks
+1 678 373 4200 x125
Trusted Contributor
stine

I just verified that when I log out of the SSLVPN, my firefox cache is partially removed for the hosts defined under 'Browser Cache:"

here is my cache cleaner configuration:

Cleaner Frequency:              5

Status Update Frequency:        15

Client-side process, login inactivity timeout:          30

unchecked       Disable AutoComplete of web addresses

checked         Disable AutoComplete of usernames and passwords

unchecked       Flush all existing AutoComplete passwords

checked    For the IVE session only

unchecked       Empty Recycle Bin and Recent Documents list at the end of user session

unchecked       Uninstall Cache Cleaner at logout

Browser Cache

sslvpn.mydomain.myTLD

*.local

*.private

Files and Folder

<USERHOME>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\*        Clear Subfolders

<USERHOME>\local settings\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\*   Clear Subfolders

these 4 files remain after the cache cleaner exits:

_CACHE_001_

_CACHE_002_

_CACHE_003_

_CACHE_MAP_

I have used CacheView to examine the cache map, and there are no entries that match my 'browser cache' definitions above.  However, the _CACHE_00x_ files still contain references to them, (url, method, type, disposition, etc) but since i don't know how to decode these files, i dont know what's in the 'security info' block that follows.....

I'm not sure if I've answered your question or confused you even more, but I did try.

Theodore E Van Iderstine
Stream Networks
+1 678 373 4200 x125
Visitor

if you open firefox and go to url about:cache does the space used decrease after cache cleaner runs?
Trusted Contributor
stine

I don't know.  until 1 minute ago i had never opened about:cache

Theodore E Van Iderstine
Stream Networks
+1 678 373 4200 x125
Trusted Contributor
stine

Re: Firefox Cache cleaner update

Ok, Mozilla just pushed Firefox 3.0.11 and i'm not sure if it was that or my script, but..... with my cache cleaner script running every N minutes, after the cache cleaner ran, during my session, pages would not display correctly (the .CSS files were gone but Firefox's cache map said they were there and current so they would not be re-downloaded).. I subsequently remove the entries from the directorys to delete, and stopped the cache cleaner running prior to logout.  I have not had any more issue with malformed web pages, but I dont like the fact that i'm leaving X hours worth of files in the cache if the user terminates their session abnormally.....

your mileage may vary

stine

Theodore E Van Iderstine
Stream Networks
+1 678 373 4200 x125
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.