SSL VPN
Moderator Moderator
AJA

Host Checker for iOS and Android PulseOptions

[ Edited ]

Secure Access (SA) running with IVE OS version 7.2 now delivers Host Checker support for Apple iOS and Google Android mobile devices. This feature enables customers to protect SSL VPN from devices that are not compliant with centrally-defined corporate security and access policies.

=> The security and access policies specific to iOS and Android include the following:

- OS version check => Configuring this policy will check for the client mobile OS on the device before granting access to the
                                      SA and any resource protected by SA.

- Jail-broken OR Root detection => "Jail-broken" is a term used for iOS devices and "Root" is a term used on Android. Jail-
                                                           breaking and rooting refer to a process whereby a user may gain privileged access on
                                                           an iOS or Android device, respectively, bypassing restrictions imposed by the device
                                                           manufacturer and carrier. Since jail-broken iOS devices and rooted Android devices are
                                                           more prone to threats and malware exploit than non-jail-broken or non–rooted devices,
                                                           many companies would want to deny access to any internal resource through the SA,  
                                                           for those mobile users who have thier phones Jail-broken OR rooted

- Mobile Security Suite => Configuring this policy by an administrator will ensure that a client device has Mobile Security
                                           Suite installed and enabled before granting access to the SA and the corporate network.

Mobile Security Suite is an additional product in the Junos Pulse mobility solution. It delivers
                                           ondevice mobile security (such as anti-malware), mobile device management (including policy 
                                           provisioning, remote alert/locate/ track/lock/wipe, and backup and restore), and application control.

We are excited with the new features and we are sure you will also be excited. Please drop in any questions you have about this feature and we will ensure to do our best to come back and answer all your queries.

(Go back to SA 7.2 Features at a Glance - Discuss with Juniper Engineers)

Contributor
tnhphuong

Re: Host Checker for iOS and Android PulseOptions

Hi !

I'm have test Host check with Junos pulse 3.0.3 on IOS (the lastest Junos Pulse client for IOS). Host checker not working with messages "Host Checker is not supported with this version of Junos Pulse client. Please upgrade the Junos Pulse client or contact yourAdministrator" . Very bad

regard,

Phuong

zanyterp

You ate correct; we are working with Apple to get the new version published.
Super Contributor
filbert

We've noticed there seems to be an issue with accessing links within custom remediation instruction on ios devices.

For example, if you enter the following in an ios host checker remediation instructions;

<html>

<a href="http://www.google.com">google</a>

</html>

and the user fails the HC, the link is displayed but it fails with "the server is not responding".

Is that a bug with the Pulse client or a restriction on an ios device, or something else?

If we do the same type of remediation instructions on a android device, the link works fine.

thanks

Moderator Moderator
AJA

Filbert,

For the host checker to work on iOS - we need Junos pulse 3.2 and it's not yet published on the Apple store by apple.

We are trying to get them publish the same at the earliest.

Once junos pulse 3.2 is released - please try the remediation and let me know if you still have the same issue.

Hope that helps you.

Please mark this post as 'accepted solution' if this answers your question that way it might help others as well, a kudo would be a bonus thanks

Contributor
Lilja

Junos Pulse 3.2 was released in Sweden earlier this week.. :smileyhappy:

---------------------------------------------------
Please mark this post as 'accepted solution' if my input answers your question!
A kudo would be nice if you think I deserve it.
---------------------------------------------------
2 A/P clustered 6500, 7.4R9.1
2 A/P clustered 2500, 8.0R3.1 LAB
Moderator Moderator
AJA

Yes, I just checked it on my apple iphone now and it seems it's released.

Junos 3.2 is released. Please install the same and test your remediation issue.

Please mark this post as 'accepted solution' if this answers your question that way it might help others as well, a kudo would be a bonus thanks

Super Contributor
filbert

I am testing with Pulse 3.2. It's been available in the app store since last Monday.

Super Contributor
filbert

BTW- I opened a case with JTAC for this issue and it's being escalated.

Moderator Moderator
AJA

Filbert - do you mind sharing me the case number?

I think - if the issue is replicable - then it will qualify to be a BUG.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.