SSL VPN
Visitor
skecthmasterx

Junos Pulse Mobile Security Gateway - IOS?!

Hello,

I’m not sure if this is the right place for this topic but I have a trial for the Junos Pulse Mobile Security Gateway to be used with IOS and Android, I have managed to install the and config the Junos pulse client on Android and register it to the gateway but I can’t do it on IOS

The instructions I was given as part of the trial are the below, they work on Android but im trying on an iPad that’s been factory reset with the latest IOS / pulse version and it doesn’t even give me the options to enter details listed below, anyone got this working?

Thanks,

1. Install and Register the Junos Pulse mobile client(s), responding to the prompts as follows. Note that you may register up to 5 mobile handsets for use in this 30-day trial. Each mobile handset will expire on the date shown at the top of this email, regardless of its actual registration date.

Username: Enter a valid email address

Password: Enter a password of your choice (6-characters, minimum)

Code: Enter the enterprise code provided at the top of this email message

If you are prompted for a phone number: Enter your full mobile phone number, with the ‘1’ or ‘+’ sign, and country or area code, if applicable.

zanyterp

Re: Junos Pulse Mobile Security Gateway - IOS?!

Have you created a profile and tried to install to your ipad?
Visitor
skecthmasterx

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I  managed to get it woring following these instructions, thanks for the response.

1. First go into the gateway and delete your device and user (NOTE: If the user is the same as your MSG admin login do not delete the user just make sure you know the password!)
  2. Now on the phone/pad check to see if any profiles were loaded. Settings > General > Profiles. If there is not a profile option then we are good to register the device and proceed to step 4. However if there is a profile option and a Juniper MDM.C profile please select it and choose remove. Once the profile is removed move to the next step.
  3. Just to be sure go ahead and delete the Junos Pulse App.
  4. Download Junos Pulse from the App Store if necessary.
  5. In the device’s browser enter the url ******* used for auto-registration.
    The tiny URL references junospulse:///?method=mss&action=autoRegister&url=************which will invoke Pulse to register.
  6. You will be presented with a few screens. For the registration screen enter the user name (internet email address) and a password of your choosing. (Note: The gateway does not discriminate against users of devices or admin users. They are the same with just different roles. Thus you could register under the same user name as your admin account but it is not advised. Note item one above in that if you delete a user that is both an admin and device user …well you get the picture)
  7. Enter the Enterprise Code of the enterprise you want the device registered in and hit register.
  8. You will be presented with the profile and make sure to install it.
  9. You’re done!
zanyterp

Very cool. Thank you for sharing
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.