03-26-2012 08:17 AM
We are using an SA700 for our VPN clients and have an SSL device cert. Everything works as it should when people use the network connect application on their laptops but the Junos Pulse app gives an invalid cert warning when trying to connect.
Answering igbnore to this warning allows the app to connect and the client can then use the internal network.
My question is how do I resolve this cert warning? INstalling the SA700 SSL cert on the Ipad did not fix this and does not appear in the cert list in Junos Pulse.
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-26-2012 06:13 PM
03-26-2012 09:06 PM
Try installing Certificate using "iPhone/iPad configuration utility" if it doesn't work, try using another certificate. To install the certificate using "iPhone/iPad configuration utility", you can refer KB http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=conten
03-26-2012 11:08 PM
What is the certificate configured on the SA
1. is it self-signed certifcate or issued by a private CA or Public CA?
2. what is the hostname of the SA and the hostname on the certificate?
3. How are you connecting from pulse using the Hostname or IP?
03-27-2012 04:41 AM
1) Cert is issued by GoDaddy
2) If by hostname you mean URL...it is connect.atechdelivers.com for both the SA and the cert.
3) Conencting from Pulse using the hostname.
03-27-2012 05:18 AM
examining the certificate chain you have an intermediate certificate "Go Daddy Secure Certification Authority" Please refer the following KB and upload the intermediate certificate to the SA and Verify the behaviour
please mark this post as 'accepted solution' if this answers your question that way it might help others as well, a kudo would be a bonus thanks