SSL VPN
Moderator Moderator
VVJ

License Server Auto Leasing (a.k.a. Trust but Verify

[ Edited ]

If a centralized license server should ever become unavailable, any gateways or appliances that require expanded capacity (subscription licenses meeting required minimum reserves) need to be able to work without interruption. With Pulse Secure Access Service (SSL VPN) 7.2, licensing clients can now auto-lease and expand their capacity on their own (Trust), with reconciliation occurring once connectivity to the license server has been restored (Verify).

This feature enables a single license server to serve global organizations of any size with built-in resiliency to withstand prolonged connectivity issues. Detailed event logs provide history and tracking of centralized license server connectivity issues.

Please feel free to post any queries you may have on this new enhancement made to the existing License Server architecture.

(Go back to SA 7.2 Features at a Glance - Discuss with Juniper Engineers)

Trusted Contributor
filbert

Re: License Server Auto Leasing (a.k.a. Trust but Verify

How is this different from the Auto-Leasing feature in prior releases?

Does this feature only work with subscription licensing like Auto-Leasing does?

thanks

Moderator Moderator
VVJ

Yes this feature only works with subscription licenses.

The Auto Leasing feature in 7.2 is more enhanced than it was in the 7.1 version. In the 7.2 version, we now have the capability for additional record-keeping to allow reconciliation of auto-leasing behavior on clients with actual available capacity on the license server

In the 7.1 versions, the Auto leasing is automatically enabled when the license server has at least 30% of the unallocated maximum capacity of all clients available. This has been further enhanced in 7.2 wherein the Auto leasing is automatically enabled when the average available count over 24 hours for that feature is greater than 30% of the unallocated maximim capacity. Moreover, when a disconnected client re-establishes connection to the license server, information is passed to the license server to reconcile capacity allocations for the duration of the automated lease increments.

With the above enhancements, we can better track the license requirements.

New User
sudhir.ojha@hclsk.co.uk

I have deployed licnese server and have three client two is deployed in cluster and one as standby for DR.

I have configured RC=250, IC=50, Max=400 for cluster nodes and not allocated any license for DR and I have actve user license is 1000.

License leased =250 by each cluseter node, 0 by DR node

3 clients * (400 max lease -250 leased by client)=450, 30 % of 450 is 135 and available license is 500

as per auto leasing requirement my available license is more than 30 % still auto leasing is not enabled.please let me know how to resolve the issue.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.