SSL VPN
Visitor
careless

Max session limit Timeout of Network Connect requires a reboot?

Hi,

We run Network connect on a SA4500 with 6.4R1 software. The session limit is 8 hours. Clients are all Windows XP.

Quite a few of our users complained that when the 8-hour timeout happens, their connection was disconnected and the machine hanged and all they could do was to reboot the computer. Has anyone experienced this? If so, what can be done to remedy this?

This problem only occurs when the client hits the session limit and their connection is forcibly disconnected by the gateway. If the network disconnects by itself, the client reconnects right away afterwards without issues.

Thanks

Kai

Trusted Contributor
gavint

Re: Max session limit Timeout of Network Connect requires a reboot?

We have a max session time of 8 hours set as well but I can't say I've ever seen behaviour like this on any version between 6.2 and 6.4R1.

Gavin

JNCIE-SEC #47, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SA, JNCIS-AC, JNCIA-IDP, JNCIA-FWV
Trusted Expert
Automate

Try un-installing all versions of NC on one of those PC's and then having them log in again

It also might be interesting to run a good registry cleaner on one of the PC's with the problem

(I'm a big fan of registry cleaners - chicken soup for the CPU's soul)

Regards,

-Keith

Visitor
careless

Hi again. I think I was misinformed about the "hanging" bit, but nevertheless it's an issue. I tested it today, after login via NC, I deleted my session from the gateway via another computer. The NC connection continued to work for like 15 seconds and then the traffic count in NC stopped. NC continued to "hang" for another 60 seconds and I pressed the sign out button. NC then exited. I was able to browse the Internet per se afterwards.

When I tried to log back in to the gateway, hostchecker kicked in and when NC started to connect, it stayed at "connecting..." for a couple minutes and couldn't continue. In the debuglog, it kept on coming up:

00184,09 2009/07/29 16:47:33.653 3 my_name dsNetworkConnect.exe dsNetworkConnect p0888 t12E8 dsUserLoginDlg.cpp:305 - 'NCUI' URL: https://my-company/dana/nc/ncrun.cgi?launch_nc=1
00215,09 2009/07/29 16:47:33.653 3 my_name dsNetworkConnect.exe dsNetworkConnect p0888 t12E8 NeoterisSetupPublic.c:50 - 'DSSetupInitializeParam()' Open memory mapped file: Neoteris:smileyfrustrated:etup:MMF:Juniper Network Connect 6.4.0
00218,09 2009/07/29 16:47:33.653 1 my_name dsNetworkConnect.exe dsNetworkConnect p0888 t12E8 NeoterisSetupPublic.c:53 - 'DSSetupInitializeParam()' OpenFileMapping(Neoteris:smileyfrustrated:etup:MMF:Juniper Network Connect 6.4.0) failed: 2.

After a full reboot, I was able to connect again.

We've logged a call with support. Let's see how it goes.

Thanks

Kai

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.