SSL VPN
New User
brianv

NC won't stay connected when using new home router

I've been using NC to connect to my office network a while. No problems until I upgraded my home router to a DLink DIR 615. Now, my connection only stays up about 10-60 minutes or so. I tried playing with the MTU setting, but it didn't make any difference. The only clue is that it seems to drop to SSL-Deflate after a short time. Sometimes, the connection goes bad immediately after that.. sometimes it stays up a while (but never very long). I finally gave up and went back to my old DLink DI 614+. I'd like to use my new router though. Anyone ever see something like this? Thanks!
Recognized Expert
MattS

Re: NC won't stay connected when using new home router

Are there session timeouts in the D-Link configuration that may be dropping the connections?  Network Connect uses TCP port 443 and UDP port 4500 by default, are these being forwarded correctly through the router?

New User
brianv

I considered a DHCP lease timeout, but it's set to a week in length (same as my old router). I couldn't see any other timeouts. I could set up some port forwards, but my old router didn't require that. Is this commonly required?
New User
DanScilly

Brian, did you ever get this resolved? Having a similar issue with random disconnects ranging from 30mins to 2hrs.

Cheers

Visitor
arnold.siroin@securian.com

I have the same issues with some users.  Very random times, but using pure SSL works without any problems.  Does anyone know what fixes this.

Recognized Expert
Kita

[ Edited ]

Hello Brian,

We had a previous issue with a D-Link DIR-615 router and documented the results in our KB:  http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB19900&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid....

I'm not sure if DI-614+ has the same option, but I hope you find this information helpful.  If everything is working with your previous router, then it's most likely a setting on the router which is causing the NC connections to be dropped.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.