SSL VPN
Contributor
DougR

Network Connect 7.0R3

[ Edited ]

We just upgraded from 6.5 to 7.0R3 for access to Pulse and 64bit windows support.

It seems the split-tunnel networks are still active even after disconnecting and removing the clients totally.  Anyone else seeing this?

This is still on NC not on Pulse.

UPDATE: after doing some digging it seems the DNS Search suffix never cleared.

zanyterp

Re: Network Connect 7.0R3

Do you mean that you were seeing the lookups continue to try and use the internal DNS rather than your local DNS?

Contributor
TRK-NKA

I havent' checked the release notes, but R4 is out.

If it is a bug, it is hopefully fixed in R4.

Best Regards

Tom Roholm
JNCIS-ENT, FWV, SEC, SA, WLAN
Contributor
TheHorse13

Release notes for R4 deal with NC and DNS search order issues on Windows 7 hosts. Maybe this is your smoking gun.

Contributor
TRK-NKA

If suffix is the issue, then using FQDN should work around it ?

Best Regards

Tom Roholm
JNCIS-ENT, FWV, SEC, SA, WLAN
Contributor
liukkma

[ Edited ]

Some of my users have problem with Network Connection 7.0R3. They can start NC once, but when they close the session and try starting it next time, NC just seem to hang (Launching Network Connect. This may take several minutes) and nothing happens even after 5 mins waiting. Only solution we have found is to uninstall/reinstall Network Connect client. Then they are able to open the session again once. Needless to say it's not very convenient to uninstall NC after each session. These are XP SP3 machines.

Does anyone have suggestions to this problem? Many thanks.

Contributor
liukkma

[ Edited ]

Allright, I think we found the problem and it was caused by AT&T Global Network Client installed on these computers. That client installs its own AGN filters and those somehow collided with Network Connect virtual adapter. AT&T client was uninstalled and Network Connect starts normally now.

Visitor
jofficer

We too are having problems with network connect.

I've got 3 XP users and 2 Win7 that are having intermittent issues.  I have others that (as far as I know) are working just fine.  These 5 stations are joined to the domain.  Sometimes they can connect and work fine, others they cannot get an IP address assigned at all.

I am planning on an upgrade to 7.0R4 this weekend, but not sure if this is going to fix it (hopeful)...

I have opened a case with JTAC and will share anything I think is relevant.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.