SSL VPN
Visitor
Bouncetheking

Network Connect logic error

Hi all,

Need some advise on the following issue that I encountered.

When I login to my Secure Access 2500, the network connect will start itself and the icon will appear on the bottom right corner of my screen.

However, at my home page, there is a start button for Network Connect despite that I am connected and an IP had been assigned to me.

How to update this button to "Connected" or remove Network Connect to appear at the home page?

Contributor
DeaconZ

Re: Network Connect logic error

You can't change that. What you can do though is to launch NC from your start menu without going to the VPN page first.
Visitor
Bouncetheking

Hi DeaconZ,

We didn't encounter this error when we started using our Secure Acces 2500 a few weeks back.

I hope to find a fix to this error. If there isn't any, I guess I have to heed your advise to inform all users to manually launch Network Connect.

I had read somewhere that we can actually force NC to be launched automatically for users the moment they login to their windows. Has anyone tried this? Any performance setback or issue?

Thanks for sharing this piece of info with me.

Trusted Contributor
dcvers

If you just want to remove the Start button from the home page then in the UI options for the role select the "Client Application Sessions" User tool bar option. This will add a Client Apps icon to the tool bar which takes you to a new page with the start button.
Recognized Expert
kenlars

We use the "launch NC automatically" option with no ill effect.  For us, if a user passes the security checks, we put them directly into NC.

I like the idea of putting the Client Application Sessions into the tool bar to hide the start button for NC.  I think we also should put pressure on Juniper to replace the "Start" button with a "Running" status.

Ken

Trusted Contributor
stine

I've done both ways.  for techie users, I've found it better to NOT autolaunch NC on connect.   From my experience techies, or at least users who really know what they're doing, would rather not wait for NC to load if they aren't going to need to use it. I.E. they log in to access a single Terminal Services bookmark....there's no reason for them to wait for NC to load and connect before being able to log into a host that doesn't require it.

For everyone else, I launch NC on connect, so they don't have to remember to click on the Start button before they open internal resources.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

Theodore E Van Iderstine
Stream Networks
+1 678 373 4200 x125
JNCIA-ER (expired), JNCIA-SSL (ditto)
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.