SSL VPN
Visitor
bussys
Accepted Solution

Network Connect slow connection

I am having some trouble with some Vista machines and now a couple of Windows 7 installations when Network Connect is being used. This is with a SA2000 running 6.3R2.

When the network connect module connects the network in the tunnel is slowed down 10 fold.  For example if I ping a node inside the NC tunnel I am seeing 500ms response times, outside of the tunnel I am seeing about 50ms. After much investigating I found that in all cases if after the NC module connects I restart the Windows "Base Filtering Engine" service the response time immediately drops to normal.

One PC was running Vista and had the problem and was upgraded to Windows 7 this made no difference.  However, another was running Vista with no such problems but then upgraded the OS to Wndows 7 and is now exhibiting the same behaviour.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Visitor
bussys

Re: Network Connect slow connection

I have managed to find a solution myself on another forum. It looks like NOD32 was causing the problem. Link to forum post Here is the info: Seems like I found the setting that made it work for me without the slow response when using HTTPS/SSL. When you enter the "Advanced Setup" then go to "Protocol Filtering -> SSL" and enable SSL protocol scanning. Then go to "Web access protection -> HTTP, HTTPS" and check "Do not use HTTPs protocol checking". When this setting is checked you have to go back to "Protocol filtering -> SSL" and disable "SSL protocol scanning" again. At least this worked for me on two separate computers. I assume this is a bug because when SSL protocol scanning is disabled the HTTPs filtering mode settings shouldn't be relevant and the checkbox is disabled as well so unable to change it unless SSL protocol scanning is enabled. The excluded certificates settings seems to have no effect at all so I assume this one isn't working yet.
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.