SSL VPN
Contributor
mcm0362

Re: Network connect and Proxy

Hi,

You are right. But looking at the instantproxypac I don't understand when the  FindClientProxy function was called?

I know, looking at Juniper documentation that the instantproxypac should be a merge file for browser settings and IVE settings. So I suppose that the what I see in the FindClientProxy function was read from the browser and what is present in  FindClientProxy function was read from IVE.

J-TAC engineer told me to put the proxypac in a server and pass it directly from the IVE but It is not possible at the moment. In your experience have you seen the  FindClientProxy function? 

Thanks a lot for all

Marco

Recognized Expert
kenlars

I've never seen an instantproxy.pac where there was a call to FindClientProxy.
Contributor
jmartinez

i Have a problem with a proxy,  i can  access my network through the IVE without a proxy configured on my browser, but when i configure it manually i can´t acces. it´s possible that the proxy don´t passthrough the DHCP of the IVE?

regards

cbarcellos

[ Edited ]

Marco,

You could also set a user's proxy setting via a NC start script (.VBS script that modifies the reg.) Not sure if that would help in your case however. The proxy settings could be removed by a logoff script.

jmartinez,

Can you paste a 'ipconfig' for before and after you connect with NC? I can't think of a reason why a proxy server would break DHCP.

Contributor
jmartinez

cbarcellos

[ Edited ]

I haven't seen an issue like you describe with NC before. I would test with another proxy if possible (squid would be a good test).

Next you can enable client side logging on the IVE for Network Connect, start a policy trace for the user, and do a wireshark on the PC for both the Juniper virtual adapter as well as the physical adapter, start a http watch as well in IE to record the login and web session, start a TCPDump on the IVE then try again. Take a look at the debuglog.log and see if you can find any errors. If nothing stands out then you can take these logs and open a JTAC case.

Also please note that NC will only work with HTTP proxys (such as squid), not socks or any other type. Also make sure you are using IE or Firefox for your browser.

Contributor
jmartinez

Hi to all,

The problem was, that my proxy denies the traffic for the new ip's assigned from the ive. When i connect to the ive, i assign an IP to the virtual security interface of the client.

Regards.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.