SSL VPN
Visitor
jrivera

Re: OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Thank you for your help.

It is nice to get a confirmation that Juniper is working on Mountain Lion compatibilty.

We expect to have new users in our system with new Apple hardware that will be running Mountain Lion by default so we want to make sure it will be supported eventually.

Obviously the sooner it is to the release the better, but glad to know its in the works.

zanyterp

You are welcome; sorry I don't have specifics beyond it is a need our development team is aware of for that very reason.

Regular Visitor
noneil

This may be an issue realted to a security option withing OS X 10.8.  Go to the Apple -> System Preferences -> Security and Privacy -> General

Then ensure that the 'Allow Applications Downloaded From' has the 'Anywhere' dial selected, other wise it may not allow the application to execute in the background.

I have not expereinced your specific issue however have had to change this setting for other applications which were not functioning the same as they did in Lion.

Visitor
jrivera

Yes this setting has been enabled and the Hostchecker is still not able to run from the web portal.

Super Contributor
Kita

JRivera,

Have you opened a case for this issue?  I've seen issues with Mac OS X 10.6.x machines due to permissions issue trying to move host checker files from a tmp directory to /Library/<Users>/Application Support.  You should be able to confirm this by looking at the syslog on the Mac OS X machine.  There will be a few lines displaying "Operation not permitted".

If you open a terminal, type 'syslog' and it should output on the screen.  Copy this data and attach this to your open case.

New User
Lexence

Running an SA2000 on 6.5R7

I can confirm that the mentioned solution within Mountain Lion (Allow App download -> AnyWhere) must be allowed at least once by users needing to use ProperJavaRDP.zip etc (unsupported by Juniper afaik)  At least works well in our environment!  ( (in following sessions this app is already available to the Mac, so the settings can be changed back if wanted))

regards,  MZ

New User
ELangelaan

Any update on the Pulse uninstall issue? When is a supported Pulse version for OS X 10.8 expected to be released?

Contributor
elawford

This is very strange.

I've figured out why applets some times will not load in Mountain Lion. Check out the screenshot - you'll see that ML refuses to trust the certificate because the key size is unsupported.

Non-Trusted Certificate

Note however in the 2nd screenshot, sometimes applets are signed with a different certificate that is fully trusted (issued by Verisign) and has no keysize or other issues. When applets are signed with this cert, everything is fine and the user can opt to allow the applet to run.

Trusted Certificate

What I haven't figured out yet is what controls which certificate is used to sign the applets. It seems to me at the moment to be random.

We're currently running 7.1R6 in production.

Contributor
mtessier

Does anyone know if the Apple firewall has the potential to interfere with the HC install under either Mountain Lion or Lion? I have one Mac that sits at the HostChecker screen indefinitely and we just found out that it has the firewall enabled.

When time permits I will disable the FW and retest.

Trusted Contributor
mattspierce

I have a user who is continuing to have issues with Mountain Lion.  Specifically the Pulse client is uninstalled after each reboot.  I've verified that he can execute from any source.  I've ensured that Java is installed and enabled in safari.  I don't knwo what else to try. 

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.