SSL VPN
Contributor
Korereactor
Accepted Solution

Printing on local subnet with NC split-tunnel?

I have setup split-tunneling with network connect so remote users use the local Internet while still connected to corporate resources.  For some odd reason, users can not print to thier local networked printers when connected to the IVE through Network Connect.  I have set "Enable Split Tunneling with route change monitor" under thier role setting, and have the local subnet and remote subnets listed in the Network Connect Access Policies and Network Connect Split Tunneling Policies.  User can access the remote corporate resources just fine.  Am I missing something?  Can anyone give me some pointers on making this work?  Thanks!
Contributor
mcm0362

Re: Printing on local subnet with NC split-tunnel?

Hi,

You have to verifiy the routing table on the client PC: only the intranet networks you specify in the resources policy must have the Network Connect gateway through the adapter (metric 1).

All other networks will be accessible through the local gateway.

Bye

Marco 

Contributor
Korereactor

So, say I have a local subnet of 192.168.0.0/24.  If my users using the IVE are located on this subnet, I would NOT want to add this subnet to the resources policy?  Just add the remote networks?

Contributor
mcm0362

Yes, correct.

You don't add local networks in the IVE but only the remote networks.

Marco 

Contributor
Korereactor

Makes perfect sense now, thanks!
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.