SSL VPN
ym
Contributor
ym

SA700: webpage placed in "Web application Resource Profiles" cannot work

Hi,

I set up a test homepage with the Base URL entered into the IVE.  The homepage is hosted by a machine in the LAN (internal port).  I used a normal user acct to login using the default login page from the external port into the default webpage of the IVE.  When i clicked on the default homepage link under "Web bookmarks", instead of getting to the URL as i stated, I always get directed to the IVE login page.

Is there any configuration I can change to be directed to the webpage?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

ym

Super Contributor
sylvain

Re: SA700: webpage placed in "Web application Resource Profiles" cannot work

Hi YM,

Try the following :

Role -> Your Role -> General -> Overview -> Activate "UI Options" -> Save

then

Role -> Your Role -> General -> UI Options -> In "Start Page panel", click on "Custom Page" and set your personal URL in the "Start Page URL" field -> Save

And try Again,

ym
Contributor
ym

Hi sylvain,

Thanks for replying.  My problem is whenever I try to get to http://10.0.0.xx which is a test webpage that I set up on a host within the internal network, instead of getting to the webpage, I get directed to the default login page.  I try to enter the webpage by typing the URL in the address bar of default start page and click "Browse" and the same thing happens, I get directed to the login page.

Your reply is to replace the default start page with the URL of the webpage.  I tried that also.  Its still the default login page.

Any suggestion is welcomed.

Thanks.

Regards,

ym

ben
Contributor

In my eyes this would mean your session is "killed. If so you should see something in the user access log in the ive.

Maybe there is an issue with your cookies, and thus your session is killed? 

ym
Contributor
ym

Hi,

I realised when I unchecked "Auto-launch Network Connect", I can get to the webpage and do not get the repeatedly being directed to default login page problem.

Can anyone explain why this is happening so that I can do a workaround and enable the auto-launch ?

Thanks.

Regards,

ym

Contributor
joepope

Go to: SYSTEM > NETWORK > NETWORK CONNECT.  Make sure that the IP address you entered for "Network Connect Server IP Address" is NOT your IVE's internal IP address.  The IP address must be different.
ym
Contributor
ym

hi joepope, i do not understand why i am unable to connect to Network Connect now after making some changes to the environment. 

In the lab environment, i changed the ip address of the DHCP server and IVE internal port from 10.0.0.xx to 192.168.100.xx so that they can be connected to some other machines in the network.

I made the changes accordingly in the IVE admin page for the DHCP server's IP address at the following locations

1) Users > Resource Policies > [Profiles] > DHCP server

2) System > Network > Network Connect > Network Connect Server IP address

Once I try to start to Network Connect.  I get the following error messages.

The Network Connect session terminated.  Do you want to connect?
 (nc.window.app.23712)

(I clicked on yes and get the following error message )

Reconnect attempt to the secure gateway failed.
(nc.windows.app.24061)

I checked the user access logs in admin console and saw that an IP address had been assigned by the DHCP to the network connect, but it was terminated again the next instant.  This happens also when I used the IVE to assign the IP address instead of the DHCP.

I have uninstalled the client's network connect and reboot the client machine.  The network connect application then gets installed when I tried to initialise the Network Connect. 

Any suggestion is welcomed.

Thanks.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.