SSL VPN
Contributor
Tessian
Accepted Solution

SVW won't launch for some users

I've spent the last month working on this with Juniper themselves, but we're running out of ideas so I'm hoping someone here may have had a similar issue.

Running 6.2R2-1, trying to deploy Secure Virtual Workspace to an existing userbase of about 200 users.  Currently they use WSAM to get access to Citrix, all I'm trying to do is put them in SVW beforehand.  The config's all look solid: both SVW policies are required at the realm level, no other HC policies being even evaluated.  Works for maybe 50-60% of the users without issue.

The biggest problem users are having is that they go to the URL and they get the error "You are not authorized to sign in.  Please contact your administrator" (this was translated from French so it's not verbatim).  I watched this live the other day and Host Checker does launch, but when it's time for SVW to download and launch itself nothing happens and instead they're thrown to this error screen.  We've tried dozens of things:  The user we tested on yesterday had a clean install of Windows from a few weeks ago.  Latest version of Java, Java cache cleared out, tried purging the Juniper folders on multiple ocassions, even had them manually install Host Checker from the standalone package.  Users with this issue have various computer makes, models, OS's and it's affecting enough of my user base that it's got to be something common affecting all of them.

Has anyone encountered this before?  I'm at my wit's end and would greatly appreciate any assistance.  Thanks,

Contributor
Tessian

Re: SVW won't launch for some users

Found the fix for this issue.  Looks like 6.2R3.1 fixes this somehow, although I and a Juniper tech had combed through the release notes prior and found nothing in there relating to this.  I even had a user try to log onto my Development IVE that was running 6.2R3.1 a few weeks ago, but we later found out he was on Windows XP SP1 so after upgrading to SP3 he was able to log into 6.2R3.1 but still not 6.2R2.1

Goes to show to never assume too much about your userbase...

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.