SSL VPN
Contributor
groque

Scriptlogic/Desktop authority over VPN

Hi all,

I just wanted to know if anybody on this forum has any experience getting script logic, desktop authority or any other "script management" program to work over when a user initiates a Network Connect Session?

I almost had it to work with Script Logic. I configured it on my DC set Network Connect to initize SLOGIC.bat upon startup and it worked great! but it couldn't assign me my default profile. I am pretty sure the SSL VPN is causing this because I am not actually logging into the domain (LDAP is used as my authentication method).

If anybody has gotten this to work please let me know, or if you have any recommendations on a script management application that I can purchase that works well with Network Connect that would be great!.

Basically my the users in my domain have their own specific network drives that need to be mapped when they log in. I use script logic to map the network drives for my users.

Cheers
Contributor
CrytpoManiac

Re: Scriptlogic/Desktop authority over VPN

In my experience, the IVE calls the login script (slogic.bat) a bit prematurely. It's almost as if the network isn't quite "ready." Since the network isn't ready, the UNC path where your script lives is unavailble and therefore never executed.

The workaround which I've found works pretty well is to reference a script called "wait.bat" in your Network Connect settings. The script basically waits a few seconds, then calls slogic.bat. It delays the login a little, but it always works. 

In regards to logging in, be sure your laptop is a member of the domain, or you're certainly encounter other Windows-specific issues. (E.g. locked out accounts, permissions issues, etc.)

Finally, it's also a good idea to make use of a logoff script as well. Just net use delete * (or whatever the syntax is) to delete mapped drives so that when users disconnect from NC, Windows Explorer isn't searching for dead drives every time the user opens My Computer.

Contributor
groque

Thanks Cryto for the response! I assume you used script logic with SSL vpn's before and got it to work?
Contributor
groque

Hey Crypto I forgot to add this.

When I enable GINA to launch Network Connect during log on it works fine!

BUT

When I try launching Network Connect manually (going to the website, logging in and launching) it executes the  SLOGIC.bat but it doesn't map the default profile. This was when I was using LDAP as my authentication server I switched it over to Active Directory thinking that when I log in with my username and password it not only logs me into the network but also established like a domain logon. 

Is it possible to run the slogic bat and map the drives by launching network connect? and in regards to the wait.bat is that a batch file that you manually created?

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.