SSL VPN
Trusted Contributor
-red-

SharePoint with Core access

Based on what I've already heard, I'm not optimistic this can be done, but I'll throw it out there anyway: Other than the logo, is there any way to customize the intermediated authentication pages? The idea here is to allow anonymous access to the SharePoint server, and if/when necessary, have the server handle the authentication. When using Core everything works as expected. My app developers, are trying to maintain a particular look and feel, including at the authentication page. I suspect my hands may be tied here. I know by modifying the sign-in page I have some flexibility, however, I'm not sure whether that extends into an already established session. I'm curious as to whether anyone had to deal with this, and what was your solution. Thanks
Trusted Contributor
ac

Re: SharePoint with Core access

Welcome to the J-Net Community SSL VPN Forum -red- !

If other members have any thoughts on this please share your insights with the community.

Thanks
Moderator Moderator
ruc

You are right. The  'Authentication Intermediation'  pages are not exposed for customization to the extent of sign-in pages. Some of the workarounds for your scenario are:
1. Use SSO feature (form/post, Basic Auth or NTLM - any one option) so end users never see any auth intermediation pages.
2. If #1 is not an option disable intermedaition and have the backend application/web server handle authentication so it can send a page that is consistent with other pages.  

Trusted Contributor
-red-

From my recent conversation with the developers and business owners, the first scenario is probably not an option. It appears the extent to which they want to control "look & feel" also includes custom error messages which would guide the end user through resolving whatever authentication issue they may be having.
I'm very curious about the second scenario. Up to now we've almost exclusively used either NC or SAM, so I've not had much exposure with regards to manipulating intermediation settings. How do I disable intermediation, while still utilizing core to provide access to this app.. Passthrough proxy, or am I way off?

Thank you for the info.
zanyterp

Hi -red-,

You are correct, the IVE authentication intermediation page cannot be modified beyond what you have described.

Is creating an SSO policy an option for those sections of the SharePoint application that require the additional information? This would allow seamless access and should not interrupt the flow of the GUI users experience.
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.