SSL VPN
Contributor
evcard

Sunbelt VIPRE Enterprise Agent 4.x Support?

I have a client that updated recently from 3.x which is currently supported on ESAP 1.5.9 and prior, to the more current version 4.x any idea if that will be supported in the next ESAP release?

Juniper Employee
chaminda

Re: Sunbelt VIPRE Enterprise Agent 4.x Support?

I already posted this question from our partner Opswat and havent got a reply yet. If I hear from them soon then I will reply to this thread next week.  Please open a JTAC ticket soon if you want to get this fixed in ESAP 1.5.10.

Juniper Employee
chaminda

Engineering response:

OPSWAT has already provided the SDK for 1.6.0 (ESAP 1.5.10) and it doesn't have fix. so this will have to go into the next release.  We should give the customer a workaround of checking the process and let them know that OSWAT is QAing it. 

Juniper Employee
chaminda

ESAP 1.5.10 has renamed to ESAP 1.6.0. To avoid issues and confusions between 1.5.1 and 1.5.10, this ESAP has been renamed to 1.6.0.

Contributor
evcard

the agency has left 1 machine as 3.x to allow them to connect, is there a work around that I could put in place to validate 4.x machines correctly till the release of I assume ESAP 1.6.1, as you stated ESAP1.6.0 will not correct the issue?

Contributor
PaddleFace

We at OPSWAT are aware that consumption of OESIS Framework updates by Juniper (and other partners) for inclusion in Hostchecker features released to end customers can be painful for Juniper and for its customers. 

We are committed to releasing OESIS more frequently (currently weekly, with a goal of daily updates by end of 2014) and to make it easier for Juniper to validate OESIS releases and incorporate into their packages.

In addition, OPSWAT recently released a configurable client, GEARS, which auto-updates OESIS and stores endpoint device compliance status in the Windows Registry or Mac OS p-list.

The Host Checker can access and use this information through implementing either a (1) the  default Antivirus Rule or (2)  a  custom process / registry checks.

A Hostchecker-GEARS configuration guide is posted at http://files.cdn.opswat.com/www.opswat.com/files/gears-integration/integrate-juniper-ssl-vpn-opswat-...

Using GEARS together with Hostchecker should reduce the number of issues you encounter with your end users being blocked due to their running an unrecognized endpoint security application.

Also, if your compliance requirements extend to checking endpoint devices for working hard disk encryption, antiphishing, and back-up products GEARS supports this.  GEARS also detects applicaitons which from a compliance perspective, are potentially unwanted, such as public file sharing.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.