SSL VPN
Trusted Contributor
SonicBoom

Symantec VIP Service

Has anyone or can anyone offer some advice on how to configure a MAG4610 for two factor authentication using Symantec Validation and ID Protection Service?,  i would think you just add an additional auth server and point it to the VIP server.  just not sure.

Thanks

Power On
http://vology.com
Super Contributor
Kita

Re: Symantec VIP Service

If I remember correctly, the Symantec VIP service can be configured as a Radius server, correct?  If so, you can use the Radius auth service on the SA, but I have not officially tested it. 

There is no official integration between the SA and Symantec VIP service as of yet and would suggest filing an enhancement request with your account team to consider this in a future release.

Trusted Contributor
SonicBoom

thats what i thought, i was trying to get some type of documentation from Symantec but they seem pretty clueless about their own product. I will test using Radius auth server settings, thanks a bunch
Power On
http://vology.com
Super Contributor
Kita

Sorry to hear about that, SonicBoom.  I do know they had a previous product called Unified Authentication (UA) which was integrated with their VIP service.  This product was fairly straight forward which has a sitekit you need to installed on a server, but the last I heard was that VIP was suppose to take over the UA product line and they were suppose to discontinue providing the UA product.

I would ask them if they offer the UA product or if you can get a trial to test it out.  VIP service was a little bit more difficult as its under the assumption you will only be using a web page to send send authentication to their backend vip service.  In this case, you would need to build out your own radius server speak directly to their VIP service.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.