SSL VPN
Contributor
mlitka

Upgrade from 5.3R10 to 5.5R5 - NC Upgrade Behavior

I am trying to determine prior to our upgrade to 5.5R5 if users will be prompted to install a new version of network connect or if it will just auto install the product. We are sending out a user notice and I would like to include some screen shots of what the upgrade process will look like to minimize Help Desk calls. I have been looking around for an old 5.2 NC package to try and emulate a similar upgrade but can't find one.

Can anyone answer my question, post screen shots, or attach a 5.2 NC installer package?

Thanks,

Mike
Ray
Contributor
Ray

Re: Upgrade from 5.3R10 to 5.5R5 - NC Upgrade Behavior

I don't know about your versions specifically. I always add the fully qualified DNS name of the SSL VPN box as a Trusted Site and click the Default security button. When I do a firmware upgrade it just uninstalls and re-installs with zero user intervention.

Ray
Contributor
tdempsey

Well, I didn't perform the exact upgrade, but I did just go from 5.5R2 to 5.5R5 and the upgrade happened automatically.
Contributor
mlitka

Thanks for validating that for me. I was able to get a 5.2 client from support to test with. I loaded the 5.2 client on a box and connected to our current 5.3 box. I found the same to be true. The client auto-installs. Even if you have a shortcut pointing to the 5.2 client, the software recognizes that it has already downloaded and installed the 5.3 and uses it instead
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.