SSL VPN
Contributor
spacyfreak

Who uses IVE 6.4R3 in productive environment?

[ Edited ]

Any expirience with realease IVE 6.4R3, issues?

I have to upgrade from 6.2R3 to 6.4R3.

Maybe my custom login pages will not work any more?

I also have to migrate the local user database (1000 User Entries) to 6.4, hope it will work without headache... ?

Message Edited by spacyfreak on 09-26-2009 06:41 AM
Trusted Contributor
stine

Re: Who uses IVE 6.4R3 in productive environment?

I have an SA-2500 running in production, but I can't help you with customer login pages (I don't use any), and my local user database only has 2 users in it (everything else is via AD/RSA).

The only real issue I had with 6.4r3 was that If I removed one Role (of many) and added a new Role ...at the same time... from a resource profile, that resource would SOMETIMES disappear from the bookmarks page of the remaining roles, and the only way to get it to display for them was to remove all of the roles and save and then re-add the roles and save again.    I was never able to pin down an exact sequence of events.   My solution was to remove the role, save, add the new role and save again.

Theodore E Van Iderstine
Stream Networks
+1 678 373 4200 x125
JNCIA-ER (expired), JNCIA-SSL (ditto)
drf
Contributor
drf

Theodore,

We had the exact same issue. Bookmarks from Resource Profiles would disappear from Roles. I opened a case with JTAC and they said it was due to some dangling references in configuration. I had to send them my user.cfg and they fixed it the broken references. I can't say if it has fixed the problem yet when we add more Resource Profiles, but the old Bookmarks that were lost have been put back into the Roles.

As for 6.4R3 we jsut upgraded our lab environment to this version and it seems stable. No issues as of yet. We had lots of problems with 6.5R1 and Network Connect. 

Trusted Contributor
stine

thanks for the reply.  Yeah, I'm sure that mine could have used a factory reset back when it was on 6.4.

I haven't had any NC problems with 6.5r1 on Vista and XPsp3, only web re-write issues.

Theodore E Van Iderstine
Stream Networks
+1 678 373 4200 x125
JNCIA-ER (expired), JNCIA-SSL (ditto)
Contributor
Tessian

[ Edited ]

I upgraded from 6.2R5 to 6.4R3 a few weeks ago and had horrible issues... and judging by this thread (Host Checker issues) it would appear I'm not alone.  I believe something's wrong with 6.4R3's ability to force an automatic upgrade of the client software on some computers, forcing us to have many users manually install Host Checker.

If you don't use Host Checker then you will probably be fine... the issue appears to be only with Host Checker (WSAM and NC seem to upgrade fine), but I'd still be wary.  6.3R6 I guess is supposed to be the most stable... but at this point I'm just praying for 6.4R4 to fix these problems.

Message Edited by Tessian on 10-08-2009 06:34 AM
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.