SSL VPN
New User
cmbhatt

iPhone

[ Edited ]

Has anyone looked at getting iPhone v2.0 working on the Netscreen SSL VPN?

thanks,

CB

Message Edited by cmbhatt on 07-16-2008 06:54 AM
Trusted Contributor
ChristopherHowarth

Re: iPhone

Functions such as core access and email proxy will work with an IPhone, however, (at the time of writing) client components such as JSAM and Network Connect are not yet available for the iPhone.  I hope that answers your question.
Regards,

Christopher Howarth CISSP RHCE JNCIS-FWV JNCIA-WX/SSL
Contributor
jamoi

Personally I thought that IVE OS 6.2 supported clientless activesync, which would be good for the iPhone 3G that has just come out...
Trusted Contributor
ChristopherHowarth

Additionally, It is also worth noting that the iPhone has traditional PPTP and L2TP VPN options.  So connecting to, for example, a Juniper firewall would be straight-forward.
Regards,

Contributor
Brian

Is *iPhone* with smartphone HTML Advanced sufficient in System>Configuration>Client Types or is the string and HTML type different?

Trusted Contributor
ChristopherHowarth

[ Edited ]

jamoi wrote:
Personally I thought that IVE OS 6.2 supported clientless activesync, which would be good for the iPhone 3G that has just come out...

Yes you are correct, in fact there is a great video here - http://www.youtube.com/user/SSLG33K

Message Edited by ChristopherHowarth on 07-16-2008 07:29 AM
Regards,

Trusted Contributor
ChristopherHowarth

[ Edited ]

Brian wrote:

Is *iPhone* with smartphone HTML Advanced sufficient in System>Configuration>Client Types or is the string and HTML type different?

Hello Brian,

Yes *iPhone* will capture the various different user-agents out there for the iPhone. "SmartPhone HTML Advanced" will be sufficent also I believe.

Message Edited by ChristopherHowarth on 07-16-2008 07:39 AM
Regards,

Contributor
alan

Is a client for the iPhone on the horizon?
Regular Visitor
absinthedjesus

Hi

Is it possible to have a captive portal on SA4000, to login off a wireless network, but then to have a bookmark to another captive portal and sign in url on a NS500 in L2TP, or PPTP for the iphone . I want to be able to connectthe iphone through the wireless?

Any ideas?

Thanks 

New User
martyvis

While it would seem straightforward, the Cisco provided client on the iPhone (which support IPSEC, L2TP and PPTP) does not seem to feature in any articles that show it connecting to a JunOS (SRX in my case) based VPN. Could someone actually point me to where this iPhone client has actually been configured to securely connect to a JunOS VPN. (And using a fixed IP address for the iPhone as I have seen in one suggestion is not an option)
Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.