SSL VPN
Contributor
itdept

junos pulse windows login auto login realm

Hi,

Is it possible to auto login to the SA web page (realm) after the Junos Pulse client has logged in on a Windows client? Auto logn does seem to work the other way around (user first logs in to web portal (realm) then auto login to junos client).

I'd like to get a similar user experience to Android Junos pulse where user can click bookmarks from Junos Pulse App.

JH

Trusted Contributor
SonicBoom

Re: junos pulse windows login auto login realm

I have always used the Junos pulse as an alternative to the SA landing page since once a user logs into Junos Pulse they are functioning as if they were at the office. seems like your users are stuck in a loop, have them click on start/ all programs/Junos pulse and login there, that should be all the need.
Power On
http://vology.com
Contributor
itdept

Hi SonicBoom,

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps I wasn't clear in explaining. Auto logon to the Junos Pulse client works fine. But I also want the users to see their web bookmarks as soon as they logon to the pulse client.

What happens now is the following:

1. User logs on to Windows

2. Pulse client starts and auto logs on

3. User has to start web browser and logon manually to realm to see web bookmarks

It would be nice if the pulse client has the bookmarks integrated similar to how the Android pulse app works.

JH

Trusted Contributor
SonicBoom

understood, however everything is functioning the way it was intended, the browser based landing page is actually a layer2 connection to your network which is why when connected to pulse and you log into wsam you are logged out of pulse, and vice versa, at least thats how it was in the past, pulse is a layer 3, which means it creates a tunnel and allows users to feel as if they are sitting in the office, they will be able to ping, map drives, and most of all, open documents and save them from network shares.
Power On
http://vology.com
Contributor
itdept

Thanks again for your reply. I think now with 7.2R1 the Pulse now has WSAM integrated in the GUI. So it looks like Pulse is the way to go and replacing wsam and NC. Now with WSAM set on a a role and Pulse on another, WSAM client isn't even installed and Pulse is leading. So looks like pulse is not just for layer3 stuff anymore.

Pulse has a number of benefits compared to the old WSAM. One of which is that it can be used stand alone without logging on to the web realm. This is great for clients mostly working remotely and auto logon after restart. Unfortunately the only downside seems that bookmarks are not shown in client or that it's login to realm is not seemless when Pulse client starts first.

Perhaps we'll need to raise this as a feature request.

-JH

zanyterp

the pulse client on windows is not expected, nor designed, to have the web bookmarks. you can try a feature request for it, but i do not know if this will be possible.

yes, now that WSAM can be shown via the Pulse UI it is not L3 only.

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.