ScreenOS Firewalls (NOT SRX)
Contributor
Akhtar
Accepted Solution

Aggregate link not coming UP

Hello all,

I am using ISG-2000 connected with Cisco-7609 but the aggregate link is not coming UP any how. LACP is being used at Cisco end. If any one can help me out because i am horribly stuck. Please let me know if some one has faced similar issue...

Help from you side would be appreciated.

Regards,

Akhtar
Distinguished Expert
rkim

Re: Aggregate link not coming UP

LACP is a part of 802.3ad link aggregation protocol. The ISG does not support 802.3ad nor LACP. But aggregate interfaces on ISG work similarly to 802.3ad. Refer to Concepts & Examples guide. In particular, refer to the volume for High Availability for aggregate interface configuration and operation.

-Richard
Contributor
Akhtar

Hello Richard,

Thanks for the information. Can you please let me know that whether ISG 2000 supports Ether Channel or not.

Regards,

Akhtar

Distinguished Expert
rkim

EtherChannel per se is a component of 802.3ad. The ISG is not 802.3ad compliant. However, the configuration of aggregate interfaces in the ISG in concept works the same as etherchannel. So I believe that it would still work with etherchannel on your switch.

Contributor
Akhtar

Thanks for the reply Richard. So the aggregate link is working when other vendor's Router interface is set to Ether Channel option. But I can't understand if ISG 2000 doesn't support 802.3ad then why the link is coming UP. If possible do let me know what standard protocol does ISG-2000 link aggregation supports??

Regards,

Akhtar 

New User
LiorP

Will i be able to aggregate 2 giga ports with this form of aggregation and put Nortel MLT on the other side?

Contributor
Akhtar

I tried this with Cisco on the other end & it was working !!

Regards,

Akhtar

New User
Sergio

Akhtar,

Could you show me the configuration (Cisco side) you used to do this?

Thanks a lot, we're having some difficulties...

Regards,

Artur

Copyright© 1999-2013 Juniper Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.