Screen OS

last person joined: 8 months ago 

This is a legacy community with limited Juniper monitoring.
  • 1.  Block Bit torrent or any type of torrent traffic using SCREENOS ? is it possible ?

Posted 08-11-2011 13:01

i HAVE TWO QUESTIONS on it :

1> Is there any example for the solution  to Block Bit torrent or any type of torrent traffic ?

2> Do i need IDP license and haware chip for that to install inside ISG 1000 SCREENOS appliance ?

REGARDS , waiting.

kamran.

• 2.  RE: Block Bit torrent or any type of torrent traffic using SCREENOS ? is it possible ?

Posted 08-13-2011 00:06

1. You can restrict this by denying well-known torrent and p2p ports. However, better way is use idp

2. NS-ISG-1000-IKT is a hardware module (can be installed in ISG10000) for enabling IDP feature in ISG1000 which come with license

regards

• 3.  RE: Block Bit torrent or any type of torrent traffic using SCREENOS ? is it possible ?

Posted 08-13-2011 10:00

well, since it is p2p and torrent traffic,  sometimes it used port 80 and need to see specific strings in the header of packet floating at layer 7 within http contents....can we do so thru ISG 1000,  (i am asking this question, since we do not have idp license or idp module with us ) ??? can  we achive it without the idp module and licenseo n ISG 1000 ?

• 4.  RE: Block Bit torrent or any type of torrent traffic using SCREENOS ? is it possible ?
    Best Answer

Posted 08-13-2011 19:05

no you can not do content filtering without a valid IDP license for ISG firewall ... P2P tfc can be monitor through idp signature database ..

however, i once used opensource DnsGuardian in the absence of idp license, to monitor my network's kaaza traffic without spending any money 🙂

see following url as well

http://forums.juniper.net/t5/ScreenOS-Firewalls-NOT-SRX/How-to-block-torrents-through-SSG-ISG/td-p/26668#M11098

regards

• 5.  RE: Block Bit torrent or any type of torrent traffic using SCREENOS ? is it possible ?

Posted 08-13-2011 21:35
    thanks got it !!!!